Transmission question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Transmission question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Markham on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 10:57 am:

I changed my oil today and when I had the screen out I shined a spot light down inside transmission to check it out and noticed the brass bushing that activates high looked worn and cracked around the edges of as much of it I could see,anyone know what my future with it may be ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 11:18 am:

I can't for the life of me think of any brass bushing that's visible through the inspection door. Picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 11:19 am:

? I suggest checking the parts book or one of the catalogs, ID the part you are asking about and add that information. Or post a photo. Think the part you are asking about is the 3400 Transmission clutch release ring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Markham on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 02:54 pm:

I just looked it up in Langs it is a clutching spring release they seem to only sell used ones look like a small horse shoe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 03:58 pm:

Chaffin's catalogue, Page 101. The good news is that if you have to replace it you don't have to pull the whole engine. It's in the hogshead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 05:31 pm:

Post a picture of your concerns. This is a really robust part and I can't imagine it being a problem...there's a reason this part is not reproduced and why there are spare used ones out there...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 05:40 pm:

I think have a spare one; that is I saw it earlier today but don't remember its condition. If you post a picture, then I'll post a picture.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 05:56 pm:

I apologize, I do no have an extra part 3400. The Mrs cleaned up a batch of parts this week, placed them in another location and I thought I had more than needed. Alas, here is what mine looks like. The ridge, from wear, along the outside edge looks like it could be mistaken for a crack.
Vern
part 3400 side a

part 3400 side b

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration