Question about hogshead felt seal 26 roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Question about hogshead felt seal 26 roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Markus Huether - Germany on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 01:41 pm:

Hi,

i removed the hogshead for reparation. Now i clean the surface for the seal. Between the motorblock and the mac coil where the felt seal is located, there are 4 plastic pieces. What is this plastic for? Are these the laminated mag coil shims?

Thanks
Markus

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 03:01 pm:

Those are magneto field coil shims. Normally they are laminated brass, however somebody used different material. They should not be under the felt seal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 03:08 pm:

Don't remove them, or you will disturb the distance between the magneto magnets and coils. If they are in the way of the felt seal, bend or cut away just the part that interferes with the felt. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Markus Huether - Germany on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 06:05 am:

Thanks for the answers, i will cut away the part that interference with the felt.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration