Aluminum Crank Pulley

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Aluminum Crank Pulley
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Braverman on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 03:17 pm:

The original pulley on my 1914 was very loose and worn, so I ordered an aluminum adjustable pulley from Snyder's. Well, the new pulley is slightly larger than the original, and will not fit on the end of the crank because of interference from rivets on the pan. According to Snyder's, this pulley should go on with the pan in place.

Of course it's Saturday, and they're closed, so I can't call them.

Has anyone dealt with this?

Crank Pulleys

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 11:10 am:

3 different pulley sizes
From your picture you have one size up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 11:12 am:

Yes I have. I just lightly ground down the rivet heads that were in the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 11:16 am:

3 different pulley sizes
From your picture you have one size up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 11:39 am:

Even with the right size, the aluminum pulleys have outer ridges to help keep the belt on. On my 15 with the narrow snout, there is barely room to get the belt on. You may not be able to use this type of pulley, or go to a smaller size if possible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Braverman on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 12:47 pm:

My aluminum pulley had no ridges. I specifically ordered that one because it's supposed to go on with the pan in place.
I think I may make two small notches in the pulley to clear the rivets.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration