Magnetic base white strobe lights - anyone gottem?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Magnetic base white strobe lights - anyone gottem?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 03:27 pm:

Here in sunny SW Florida there are a lot of straight 45-50 mph roads. My model T is a 35-40 mph vehicle. I am looking for a 12 V bright white magnetic based strobe to place on the rear of my T. Any suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 03:31 pm:

John,

I don't think you can legally display a white and/or strobe light on the rear of a motor vehicle operating on a roadway.

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 03:54 pm:

Whites to the rear is bad in all states I am aware of.

I bought two red bicycle flashing lights. Made a bracket using a 3/4" copper water pipe, with a long bolt up into the frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 04:00 pm:

These any help?

Battery, though.

https://www.maxximastyle.com/led-emergency-warning-lights/battery-operated-emerg ency-roadside-flashing-amber-round-led-light?gclid=CjwKCAjww9_MBRAWEiwAlaMJZujwm U79oFRmwMnHtfhn_f3Jl04PxJ2ywDQCitJcg-dHMOeeMp7mHRoC80cQAvD_BwE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 04:11 pm:

White is only legal on the rear here in Texas to illuminate the license plate. Transportation Code provides for strobes on front and rear placed as far apart as practical and on the same level. Rear to be red or amber or "a combination thereof."
I use 12 volt amber (see yellow) strobes purchased from a supplier of police, fire and EMS equipment.You can program the strobe pattern you like and they are considerably brighter than a simple battery strobe.
Just my 2.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 04:21 pm:

Unless you want to cause an accident, rather than avoid one, do not use a bright white light on the back of your car.

Instead try this:

http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/product_pages/Products.asp?mi=73481&itemnum=91 265&title=Four-Function%20LED%20Strobe%20Light

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 04:46 pm:

I've got this battery powered, amber LED. It can be on, off or flashing mode. I keep it under the seat, then put it on the back when needed. It's very bright and effective. I got it from either Northern Tools or Tractor Supply 5 or 6 years ago.ambr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Kelley on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 04:53 pm:

While on the Glacier Park tour I noticed someone had flashing blue led's on the rear. don't know if legal in many states or not, but he really showed up from a long way back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 05:07 pm:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/New-Flexible-Pole-LED-Warning-Beacon_60123 747018.html

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration