1923 Touring Top Back Irons Picture?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1923 Touring Top Back Irons Picture?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 11:41 pm:

Hi, Does anyone have a picture or a link to a picture of a 1923 Touring top back irons?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Jensen on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 08:27 am:

What do you need a picture of? I have the top down on my 23 now and am headed to breakfast with the T. I can take a picture when I get home.

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 08:36 am:

23 to 25 one man top further down the page. It also includes links to other pages. It's a start :-)
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/552384.html?1435595214

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 08:59 am:

Great stuff! Especially the photos with actual measurements on the pieces.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 10:30 am:

What Ignacio is looking for are the body brackets for the rear section that the top sockets attach to. His 23 is a transition early 23 with the earlier windshield that has straps that hold the top open. Ignacio is adding a top to his car. What would be helpful are pictures that show how the front top irons (not the sockets) are attached to the body as well as the rear top iron brackets. In a perfect world they would be pictures were the upholstery doesn't cover the place where they attract. His touring appears to have never had a top so we are looking for some guidance. I have a bunch of top irons for the rear but I'm not sure which ones are correct for his car. We think that he has the right front top irons that go on the inside panel of the front seat but again that's a guess. Thanks for your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 11:24 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 11:24 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 03:04 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 05:14 pm:

If I'm following this correctly, you're looking for the parts that stick out to the side to support the top. The Ford parts book calls the front one the Iron (body top) rear seat side. Unfortunately the book doesn't have a picture of it. The part numbers are 5178BIRX (Right) and 5179BIRX (Left).

The book does have a pretty fair picture of the rear piece inside the body. They call it the Brace (Fender and top iron) assembly. The top and the rear fender are supported on rods that screw into it. The part numbers are 7420X (Right) and 7421X (Left). But if your car has fenders, it must already have the braces supporting them. In that case, all you need in back are the rods that screw into the braces to support the folded top and the top saddles that go on the rods.

My car has the upholstery in it, so it's no help. Maybe somebody who has a 1921-1925 touring without the upholstery installed can get some pictures.

(Message edited by steve_jelf_parkerfield_ks on August 20, 2017)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration