Timer rod ?.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Timer rod ?.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 02:24 am:

Been serveral years since i had time a model T

Lengthening the rod retads it?
My rods are all so bent up mi
Ght be easier justvstart fresh with a new out if one starts with the timing guage is it to the pass side or drivers side from the fan bolt center you measure

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 02:50 am:

Yes, longer to retard, shorter to advance. I've never measured anything. I just set the timing then bend the rod to fit.

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG97.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 10:51 am:

Steve yes thats what i forgot thanks been 15+ years since i had time one from scratch

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration