500 mile 4 day Aussie adventure video

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 500 mile 4 day Aussie adventure video
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 02:54 am:

My son has just finished editing and posting on youtube the highlights of a 500 mile 4 day tour we did over the Easter break. 7 Model T's and a Vintage Dodge completed the trip without a single breakdown on what was one of the most challenging and difficult drives I have ever done in a T. The main focus of the trip was to travel to the the famous McKillops bridge which is one of only 2 road bridges that cross the Snowy River. We camped out each night so each T was fully loaded with all supplies for 4 days of camping. Here is the youtube link. I hope you enjoy the spectacular film of the Victorian high Country. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUD1MrExJoc

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 05:11 am:

Great video. Seems like a fantastic tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 06:00 am:

Wonderful trip, Warwick, and very brave to do the steepest part downhill. I have done it on three separate occasions- once up and down in the dark to fight a bushfire, but I wasn't driving for that excursion. Next was a few months later in 1965 in my 1939 Series E Morris, and more recently taking my wife on the trip in our 1959 Rover 90 in 2009.

Here is the Ambyne Bridge in 1965-

McKillops Bridge the same year-

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 06:28 am:

Very cool. I like it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 11:17 am:

Great video, reminds me of some of director George Akin's tours.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

That was great, thank you for sharing. Wish I could have done that when I was over there last year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 01:31 am:

Oh my gosh. Fantastic video and I'm only at the 13 minute mark. Beautiful...
But those ledges and on a dirt road. I just couldn't, without fully pooping my pants.
And in a model T.
Not a flat-lander but uff-da.
Back to it.
Oh no. A wood decked bridge. I hate bridges.
You guys rip (go fast!) on your tours.
Fantastic video!
Wow.
Beautiful yet troubled me to no end. :-)

Music was great!
Tom Cochrane (Life Is A Highway) is also Red Rider (Lunatic Fringe)...
That's not what I'm saying tho. But I think it... :-) :-)

Thank you much!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration