Original rubberized cloth seat material

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Original rubberized cloth seat material
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 10:26 am:

Anyone out there have whats left of some original rubberized cloth seats? I'd like to do some conservation of these and need material.

seat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 10:32 am:

Mark: What a great little car you have! That's the way to find them. Eric Haartz has a new material that I've used for my door panels that would be close. I'm assuming your car is a '24? BTW, you seat cushion is in backwards!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 12:21 pm:

Ha ... Larry .. that's how it looked when I brought it home last November. The seat was just plopped in there. Mice had eaten into the upholstery on two sides and made large nests, one of which is responsible for some rust through on the passenger side [look low]. I'm actually looking for original seat coverings in the same condition so that I can compensate the loss [museum speak for patch it up]. Trying to keep the aesthetics of the barn find as much as possible on the body parts of this car. Needed to go over the whole chassis to make sure it was sturdy and reliable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 12:25 pm:

Oh ... it's an early 1923 runabout. Low radiator, steel firewall. Interestingly it had all the oil side and tail lamps .. but was outfitted with a starter and generator. So someone upgraded it early on. In this picture I had already taken off the switch, radiator, head etc. It was a complete car when I received it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 12:50 pm:

Hi Mark: Neat car! How early is it? I have a '23 roadster built in Nov. of '22. It also has a steel firewall but no doubt it's a replacement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 01:06 pm:

Must have been in a barn that didn't have a bad roof!
Neat to find one that just sat inside like this one.
Looks like it has original paint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 08:39 pm:

The biggest problem is where moisture collected at the mouse nests. Destroyed the ends of the gas tank and rusted the body behind the passenger door.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration