Colonial T What am I ? Tarrant Dalgety Davies Fehon .Number 2

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Colonial T What am I ? Tarrant Dalgety Davies Fehon .Number 2
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 11:28 am:

Another post for the Colonial Boys

Hello Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand

Not the door I was going to ask about,but I have some pictures to start this one. Has a detail of interest for you,and another door I want help with.

What is the meaning of the stamped number, and who made the door ,and for what body, Tourer etc Door

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 11:30 am:

Door

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 11:37 am:

MoreDoor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 11:41 am:

A variation on basic blackDoor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 11:45 am:

This door is not the same size as the last post. Hinge and door lock are the same.
Without ripping the door open it feels like the wood frame is the same style of construction

Hans

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 05:15 pm:

Thank you Hans, these are helpful pictures to me, I have 'saved them' to my PC for reference.

Number is probably the body number (see my post in your #1 thread)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 11:39 pm:

Hi Adrian
One more picture .
If you look at the other door, and see the rusted section, on the inside of the door, it shows where the inside of the pocket is lined.

Liner is not the same material as the door card ,so maybe just scraps ,to do it with ,but others may have the same material, as the outside, so need to confirm on other doors

Material was stuck on and to the sides of the wood frame.
Pocket flap has a metal plate inside .

Door card has a thin cardboard behind it, and maybe cant remember ,a thin layer of seat stuffing material
Inside of the door skin on the other door was done in a grey primer or mat grey .

Grey paint all over the inside of the skin, and the timber the door card touches, but not the skin side ,and sides of the frame
No paint run marks onto the timber not painted so a neat painter

Hans .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 11:55 pm:

Hans,
A problem is finding a complete T to compare with, just in Tarrant alone there are several body styles so finding doors that look the same but different sizes is like a dog chasing it's tail, I don't think there's enough around to find a exact match for any particular year/model.
The list is for Tarrant alone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 11:56 pm:

Forgot a couple of things

The picture of the outside of this door, is not the same door, I show the colour of the paint ,under the door protector.

The whole skin pictured door was a repaint .You can see a Dark Olive paint where the door protector was .So a lazy painter for what I assume was a replacement door and paint job

Both doors are grey first coat , Black second and final colour. Repainted door Blood Red over Dark Olive

Pin strip is interesting . Looks like a fine grit is added to the paint and blunt pencil line thin. Does not look brushed and almost like Tuck Pointing you get on some house brick work here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 01:51 am:

Hi Frank

I am of the opinion ,I was the luckiest man to find two cars that are twins, and maybe the if you want it ,you got it sales, then the only two made, and sold to maybe the same buyer. Not knowing what the blue car was, before a re-wood . maybe a third to the exact same buyer.

For all we know ,I have ex- taxis

Reminds me, must get around to looking at my old pics of Melbourne, to check out the Taxis, unless someone knows and saves me looking.

Hans

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 02:04 am:

Hi Frank All the versions of a car reminds me of a SLX Holden I had , Only variation between SL .SLX and SLE was paint this ,Alloy wheels that .and Optional all ,pinstripe, AC, Tow Bar, with aftermarket bonnet scoop and Whale Tale if you asked the dealer to fit them ,and rip you off even more with Rust Proofing ,Scotch Guarding and Paint Protection.

Do you know what you got with each version of a Tourer? .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 04:44 am:

Thanks Hans, I appreciate the last picture - it is very helpful to me :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 06:06 am:

Hi Adrian and anyone else interested

Adrian, I will have another door posting maybe tomorrow but within a week so plenty of margin for error and ability to keep my word

This is my last post and visit to this posting. I don't think there is more to be gained on this one.

I will be at my latest posting if someone has something

Thanks to all

Hans

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration