RIP Jack Zimmer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: RIP Jack Zimmer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon Koll on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

With regret I am posting the passing of a great Model T guy. Jack Zimmer of Saint Clair Michigan passed away Saturday night surrounded by family. Jack worked tirelessly for the hobby for many years and served on the BOD of the MTFCI for multiple terms and served as the President of the MTFCI. No one had a bigger heart for the youth of the club than Jack. We will miss him. Condolences to Jan, Mike and Sarah and the rest of the family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 12:40 pm:

That is a shock!! I remember talking with Jack and Jim Cook at last years O C F. Jack was really one great guy!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 12:43 pm:

RIP Jack, you always had a big smile and kind words. You are missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 12:47 pm:

It certainly is a shock. Jack wasn't old. Most sincere condolences to all the Zimmer family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 01:08 pm:

Jack was one those guys that you just always expected to be "there", wherever Model T's are gathered. Hard to imagine him gone.

You're correct Gord, he was very dedicated to our younger members and was very instrumental in beginning the MTFCI Youth Foundation.

His son Mike and daughter Sarah will no doubt carry on the hobby, as both have T's of their own. Another couple of youths that Jack inspired...

I am proud to have known Jack and to remember our little verbal jousts, that always ended in a smile or laughter.

May his soul rest in peace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 02:29 pm:

As a kid going to MTFCI tours, Jack and his family were always fun to be around. He, and his humor, will be missed. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 03:19 pm:

The youth of our hobby lost one of its biggest supporters with the loss of Jack Zimmer. He always was helpful when I was MTFCI President in 2007. He will be missed and the Model T Ford World will not be the same without him for the Eyre family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent Boggess on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 03:47 pm:

We are diminished.

Respectfully submitted,

Trent Boggess

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 04:10 pm:

Jack was fun to be around. He always had very interesting stories. Good by Jack.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

So sorry for the loss of Jack.
Sincere condolences to the Zimmer family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Dowell in Michigan Thumb on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 08:55 pm:

Jack was a great friend, I'm going to miss him! The fun, the antics and the stories. Spending an afternoon in Jack's shop was a pleasure we had a lot of fun! Rest in Peace Jack.
Your friend Brian.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 09:39 pm:

Can anyone post a photo of Jack?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 10:00 pm:

A good sense of humor & a dedication to youth.

Sounds like this gentleman was a friend to many.

Condolences to Mr. Zimmer's family and friends.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

http://pollockrandall.com/obituaries/12852
There's a nice picture of Jack in his obit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Phillips on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 10:32 pm:

Jack will be greatly missed. Our deepest condolences to Jan, Mikey, and Sarah and the extended family. Rest in Peace Jack.
Sincerely, Mike & Jill

For those of you that would like to view the photo tribute to Jack on the Casual T's website, go to www.casualts.org

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 11:40 pm:

THANK YOU!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 06:13 am:

My sincere condolences. Jack did many good things for our hobby including educating future generations to appreciate our cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 10:58 pm:

Jack was indeed a great force in the hobby but also a man who always seemed to care deeply about listening to others. He will be greatly missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 08:17 pm:

What a tremendous loss to Jan, his family, his scouts, and to his Model T friends. I sure enjoyed being with Jack on the five Poor Boy tours we attended with him. Our sincere condolences.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 08:11 am:

I am Shocked, Jack was a long time friend. We had a lot of good times together. He will be missed.We give our deepest condolences to Jan and the rest of his family. Pete and Mary Ratledge

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 08:21 am:

He gave so much to so many.
Even after his passing, he continues to give to the youth of the MTFCI ( see his obit, above.)

With Most Sincere Sympathy to his family.

Dave

(Yes, I have a piece of his handiwork to remind me of him - a really "cool" under the running board tool drawer. :-) )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 11:08 am:

There were maybe 18 - 20 Model T's in the funeral procession, including 4 of Jack's cars, driven by his family & friends. Folks were there from many miles and many hours away to pay their respects. A very nice send off for a true Model T guy.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration