Model TT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model TT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Smith on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 06:18 pm:

I need all the help/advice I can get. I just purchased a 1924 MODEL TT. I'm new to Model T I'd like to know if it came with a speedometer and what kind of cab I have. It's all wood with windows and opening doors.
Thanks
Roger

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 06:27 pm:

Welcome to the forum Roger! Post a photo of your find, 250k size limit.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Smith on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 06:44 pm:

Thanks Vern!
I have to pick it up in Omaha Nebraska. I'm in Virginia. I'll post the pictures when I return.
Roger

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 06:45 pm:

Roger,please post photos. Wood cab? You lucky dog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 11:09 pm:

If I remember correctly, 1925 was the first year that Ford offered truck bodies. Before that, a TT was a bare chassis and it was up to the owner to buy a body or make his own. So your truck's cab could be from one of the many aftermarket suppliers, or it could be home made.

No, it didn't come with a speedometer. That's another aftermarket item. Ford quit including them in 1915 when the suppliers couldn't keep up with his pace of production.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 04:37 am:

Welcome to the T hobby. Nice to hear of another TT owner. TT trucks are fun - even though a little slow unless you get an overdrive installed :-)
My 'Albert' is a 1925 NZ local built cab TT (see my profile for a picture).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 09:52 am:

1924 was Ford's first "all steel" TT cab.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 11:21 am:

Congrats - another TT coming to Virginia. I'm jealous! I'd love to have a TT to toodle around town in!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 04:17 pm:

Although Ford began offering the all steel C-cab in 1924, and a little later for the enclosed cab (model year '25), Ford also continued offering the basic chassis (both with or without fenders hood etc) till the end of model T sales. While the Ford supplied cabs put a huge dent in the after-market truck body companies' business? They continued offering and building such bodies for several years.
I also look forward to seeing photos of your new truck! I really like the wood cab trucks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 06:24 pm:

24 C Cab Express Body all steel

Tt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Upper Texas Gulf Coast on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 08:58 pm:

Gotta love those TT's

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration