Ebay purchase "ford truck horn"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Ebay purchase "ford truck horn"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Oneal Lee on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 08:44 pm:

My Coupe was missing the horn so I starting surfing ebay. Sometimes thinking outside the box pays. Tried a little different wording and found a Ford truck horn. Pictures were very helpful showing the bracket that gave it away. got it in the mail today and it works. With a purchase price of $10.50 I was surprised. Also went to the antique store last week and found a Ford script oil can for $6.00. They didn't take the time to clean it up to my advantage. The vendor was at the counter when I was checking out and saw the oil can. He said next time he would look a liitle closer.
Neal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 09:19 pm:

You did very well and I am glad it will now be on a working car. Smart sleuthing on e-bay for a good "snag".

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 09:19 pm:

Lang's has two versions of the horn bracket (6437) that will help it fit your 1926 Coupe. I'm doing the same thing with the 6v horn from my 1950 Ford F1 since it was converted to 12v.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 12:15 am:

The horn pictured is for a PRE 1926 car. You stole it. Congratulations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 01:11 am:

Oneal, with that bracket the horn is ready for mounting on a pre 1926 car. However, the horns are the same on 26-7 models, just the bracket differs. The later brackets are available at the vendors.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 12:25 pm:

Wait till some other Forum folk discover that you only paid $10.50- you'll be read the riot act!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 02:17 am:

Tim, I can guess who you might be talking about, dare I mention his name.... ?
I've already had a lambasting from him and it wasn't even me that got the bargain !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 09:11 am:

I don't know who you guys are talking about, but I guess he'd be outraged at my $3 exhaust nut wrench, my $1 split rim spreader, and my $1 1926 gas tank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 04:33 pm:

Seems someone used to accuse folks of taking advantage of widows and orphans any time they found a bargain somewhere but I'm not sure who it was. If it is who I'm thinking of, he hasn't posted lately.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 07:31 am:

If you got it from an unsuspecting widow or na´ve orphan, that's one thing. If you got it from an antique shop, rest assured they have already marked it up considerably from what they had to pay the unsuspecting widow or orphan and wouldn't be likely to go back to them to share their windfall if you insisted on paying full value. I wouldn't let it bother me.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration