OT - Another look for the Model K

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - Another look for the Model K
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 10:53 pm:

Ford advertised the Model K Roadster could be outfitted with a rumble seat, and later a tourer seat (front double). They were also advertised with a "traveler's trunk." This makes a lot of sense and as we spend more and more time touring with a roadster, the trunk will be a practical addition:

And with lights on....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 11:14 pm:

You found a good trunk. Looks great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 01:01 am:

How many Ford model Ks do you have? And all red too.
Beautiful car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 07:10 am:

Goodness, that car is sexy...

Would you sell it when I hit the powerball tomorrow night, Rob? ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 10:29 am:

Rob, nice trunk and beautiful pictures!!!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 11:00 am:

On the New London-New Brighton, while I was chugging along sedately in my 10-hp Stanley steamer, Rob and Tim Kelly in their Ks blew by me as if I'd been tied to a tree!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 11:31 am:

Rob, Iam so glad you found the K,s. You have brought to light what a wonderful car they are. Beauty, style and grace. Sales should have pushed Ford to his limits. Maybe they did at that time. Gave Henry the drive to expand. The outcome is a Company that is at the top of the game after all these years. I would rather find an old rambler to bring back to life than ever own a gm ever again. I learned my lesson after 4 of those junk piles. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

As usual, looking sharp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 12:23 pm:

Well everything/everyone has to have one but i like the mother in law seat better.I wish you the best! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 11:10 pm:

Wonder if he made Julie polish all the brass?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 09:19 am:

While I don't think Julie polished all the brass on Rob's Model K, she was spotted in the New London high school parking lot where we set up Ford Camp with a polishing rag in hand working diligently on the lamps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 09:21 am:

Julie was polishing brass in the trailer parking lot in New London, apparently voluntarily. I commented to Rob that she was a keeper, and he agreed with enthusiasm!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 08:24 pm:

Thanks guys. Yes friend Julie helped with shining brass, without my asking.... Fortunately for her, most of my so called friends advised her not to do brass....

Of course it wasn't all fun and games. Every evening of the tour involved a lecture or seminar. This particular evening the subject was period correct headgear....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 08:59 pm:

Finishing a few things from the New London to New Brighton tour. The Early Ford Registry and Maxwell participants have created a friendly rivalry over the years. This year, at the drivers safety meeting brunch in New London, the Fords made a concerted effort to show first and take our rightful place at the front of the parking area, leaving the back of the lot for the lesser brands to occupy. As it should be.....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gye2j5smmady2ku/Video%20Aug%2011%2C%2010%2047%2007%20A M.mov?dl=0

(Message edited by Rob on August 23, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 10:24 pm:

Cute video! Thanks Rob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 11:28 pm:

Definitely have to try and get up there next year. No Speedster Reunion so it is a possibility. I will remember not to bring any brass polishing items.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 01:35 am:

That wonderful pic with the lamps burning looks like it was taken in the 80's or during the eclipse :-)... wait a minute, there's a lake in the background...
Woohoo! K's in Minnesota!
That trunk looks great.
:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration