Hyperbole in the Model T accessory business

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Hyperbole in the Model T accessory business
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 05:16 am:

Quote: "The most remarkable improvement in automobile construction since the invention and development of the internal combustion motor"

Did ageing travelling snake oil salesman from the Wild West end up running advertising firms in Los Angeles, Boston and New York? What's your favourite Model T accessory hyperbole?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 05:21 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 05:28 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 05:39 am:

A friend has this spring set up on one of his T's. He may have it at regional meet this week, if he does I will post a pick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manuel Voyages, ACT Australia on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 06:09 am:

There was a car made in Aus in the 20s that had that interconnected suspension.
Manuel in Oz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 06:18 am:

Now wait a minute ... if you are going to reference a snake oil salesman .... you should, at the very least, illustrate with a traveling medicine show that used a model T Ford as the mobile stage! Check this out.

http://www.memoryelixir.com/lenapeliquid/picture10.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 06:36 am:

Dan, make sure you go for a drive in it.

Mark, thanks for the Dr. Bumstead(!) link.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 07:20 am:

Believe the Citron had a suspension system vaguely similar. Not an add-on though it was the suspension.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 11:25 am:

So did the Curved Dash Oldsmobile

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 12:54 pm:

"What's your favourite Model T accessory hyperbole?"

Well, it's not really an accessory, and technically it's not hyperbole, but I have always believed that the term "One Man Top" was the biggest exaggeration that Ford ever concocted. I've yet to see the "one man" who can do it. I have done it myself, but it was NOT pretty or even close to the illustrated method. I do not consider it a success and hope that nobody was watching.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 01:00 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 03:57 pm:

I think only about a week ago, somebody linked to a "for sale" site for a model T with that suspension system on it. It was a nice car, I wonder if it sold?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 04:03 pm:

Still for sale Wayne:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/780603.html?1503423691

Looks like a good deal for something unique too. Those springs would be extra neat on a speedster where they would be on display for all to see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 05:38 pm:

Thank you Tim! Someone should buy that. Fair price for what it is ('26 coupe). Looks like it should clean up fairly nice. I can't buy it, and do not need any two passenger car at this point. Otherwise. I would be considering it. I don't know how the ride is with that suspension, but I would love to have one and find out.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration