Colonial T What am I ? Tarrant Dalgety Davies Fehon NO 3

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Colonial T What am I ? Tarrant Dalgety Davies Fehon NO 3
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 07:19 am:

Hello Adrian This is the posting I will put the next door pictures on

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 05:39 pm:

Hello Adrian I am backDoor

A bit of a rehash of the old posts first
This is the door I wanted to identify

With no cowl and what seems to be the part of the car that others use to claim its a Tarrant Duncan & Fraser and so on this car is posing a problem to give a maker name too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

As mentioned I have two bodies from the cowl back and a spare set of doors for the above

This is the second door. It is also a rear door like the above .I said it was not the same size but I was not totally clear on that. It is the same construction and width but the length is shorter by about 3 cm and has the extra curve which is plainly clear This is ether an earlier or later model, the Standard or Deluxe model or from a coupe and so on

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 06:07 pm:

This is in reality the 4th door that I have that is the same as the first but in the shape it is in I call it template and after that scrap metal and firewood

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 06:08 pm:

And the other side

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 06:12 pm:

Now another door for what can only be a different year

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 06:15 pm:

and the front with what they call a Tarrant style Pin Stripe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 06:16 pm:

Some details

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 06:17 pm:

a bit more

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 06:38 pm:

This door is the same TOTAL width as the others .The folded edge on the others is larger that the overlap of the T molding on this door. It is a whisker shorter than the other doors but when you add the top wood trim its a whisker taller . Having said that your asking what wood trim and I say sorry no picture of the top[ edge and its not showing in the pictures loaded

With today the last day of Winter I may not be back again till the next Winter. The seller of the second body called to say he found the cowl, bonnet and splash aprons which are not what I was expecting them to look like with the splash aprons being a first I have seen

.With those I will now take the bodies out of storage and get to work subject to the rain and cold ending. .Sadly the cowl ,bonnet and splash aprons were laying in the dirt in side the shed so half of each is going to need a rebuild. Beggars can be chooser's when you have two bodies and had no cowl and by the looks of it needed the bonnet and splash apron because they are not like the blue car I was expecting it to be

Hope the doors provided some details you were looking for

Hans

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 06:44 pm:

One last thing

The last door is of vastly superior quality

Wood framing is dressed all round as compared to only visible surfaces on the others

Wood is a better grade

Wood timbers are 50% thicker

Door is say 30% thicker

Craftsmanship of the woodwork is more like furniture than the Carpenter built house frame of the top ones

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 06:48 pm:

Just in case I offended a Carpenter. I am an Ex Carpenter( home duties excluded) so can say what I like and we both know furniture is not the same as a house frame

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 06:57 pm:

Sorry one last thing. The last door lower hinge is at its maximum opening point so self limiting as are the top ones but they are not something I would install in a house and if I did would not do it again after spending my own time fixing them

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration