OT - California Automobile Title Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - California Automobile Title Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 11:39 am:

I just received the California Certificate of Title from the lender for a car we had financed and is now paid in full. It's stamped and signed in the appropriate place. It's been a very long time since we financed a a car. My question:

Do I need to go to DMV and get a fresh Certificate of Title that omits the lender or just file the one I received away for future use?

Thanks for any information!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 11:57 am:

-Henry-
Don't know of the regs for California, but here, a stamped title is good for the duration until 're-titled'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 12:11 pm:

If it came from the California DMV you should be fine. I file mine in the appropriate file folder and that's all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

You just keep the title the way it is.
Philip is correct, even though it came from the lender not the DMV.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 03:56 pm:

Thanks fellas. That's pretty much what I thought, but I wasn't sure.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration