A New Website?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: A New Website?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 11:41 am:

I just got notice of a new? website from Royce Peterson. Looks pretty professional to me so far. It is: modeltfordfix.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 11:48 am:

https://modeltfordfix.com/

No section dedicated to the benefit of water pumps? Outrageous. Looks good, nice format and info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 11:54 am:

Should have a forum section called "Water pumps and Distributors" and if you enter it just bans you.

I kid, I actually wish him well on this. Diversity is a good thing and it's nice to have an alternate place to go if one forum implodes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 11:54 am:

Wow that's good timing. I was just researching clutch adjustments and that's the first Article on the site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

Looks more like an "old boys" club whose intent is to draw regulars away from this forum. Many of whom I don't see posting here anymore. I wish Royce well but I'm quite comfortable here :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 12:11 pm:

I don't understand the "If you post there, you can't post here anymore" mentality.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 12:11 pm:

At least the new site has not discussed etimers or ehcct. Refreshing. Which leaves me coins for morning coffee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

I don't claim to know the intent, but it's a well-done site, and I'll add it to my list of places to check. But it's not drawing me away from here, any more than Facebook, or MTFCI, or the weather, or any other website draws me away. I can like potato chips and ice cream. I don't have to choose one or the other.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 12:28 pm:

It is nice to have a site for any who don't feel comfortable here. I enjoy checking there. I am sad that some left this site. They are missed.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 01:11 pm:

Right, Steve, I don't know the intent either but have my suspicions and don't mind stating them. Hal hit it with the "post there but can't post here mentality". While I don't post on every OT picture post, I sure enjoyed them as well as the insight offered by the replies. Miss all of that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 01:11 pm:

If it's on the web and it's about T's I will look at it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 01:14 pm:

John,

Exactly .....

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 03:45 pm:

Model T Fords are such a huge thing, still to this day and beyond, that multiple forums with slightly different slants and formats is a good thing. Facebook is the center of many people's lives, but not accessible to a lot of the world because of their way of doing things.
It was a very good thing when this site went down a few times, and MTFCI was there to host discussions of the issues behind our site's failure. It helped a lot to know that Chris was aware and on the problem. It probably saved him some time not receiving another fifty emails asking if he knew? For many things, our site was better, and much more active. For some things, MTFCI's format worked better. They had started to develop some special photo sharing categories that would have been difficult to keep going on our format. (Although, frankly, that setup wasn't ideal either.)
MTFCI's site also went down a few times. That is part of the real world in the virtual world. Our two sites complimented each other well. I thought the MTFCI made a huge mistake by discontinuing their forum. The hobby needs more than one good site, and a half dozen wouldn't be a bad thing either.

I have some suspicions why Royce is not here. A few observations that support those suspicions. Still, I don't know why Royce is not here. And I hope I am wrong on some of what I suspect. But life goes on. I think this new site could go a long way to replacing what the hobby lost when the MTFCI shut theirs down.
This place is my home. Like it or not. Many people here I consider to be my friends, almost as much as some people I have known for more than 40 years.
Personally, I think the "back porch" aspects of this site do a lot of good in keeping it so very active. A question was posed yesterday as "how fast can I get an answer?" A technical detail that could not be quickly found in a book or on line. One of our wonderful regulars, with the right year and body style car, had the first answer in about fifteen minutes. Following discussions confirmed and enhanced the first response. That could not happen without a lot of people, looking in often, just to see what is going on today.

I have been reading and looking at pictures on this new site for awhile. I even posted a response once. And I likely will continue. However, sorry guys. You are probably stuck with me here for awhile yet. Unless Chris decides to ban me.
(And, THANK YOU Chris B for all you do keeping this best model T internet site so well!)
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 04:32 pm:

As usual, Wayne says it best.

Hi, I'm Rich, and I have a Model T . . . being a serious addict most of my life, even though I've gone decades without owning one, so long as I have time for it, I'll look at and participate on 'most any site that's dedicated to the Model T Ford. Like Wayne, I have made many friends through this forum, and I will continue to participate here. I also "joined" the new forum, and have posted there, and enjoy it as well. If there are unhappy interpersonal issues or "history", it's not my business, and it concerns me not. Good will and fellowship should be the guiding principles for participation on any forum.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration