2017 Michigan Model T Jamboree

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 2017 Michigan Model T Jamboree
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 01:30 pm:

Well.... Dan & I just got back from the 2017 Michigan Model T Jamboree, near Lansing Michigan. Once again we had a great time. Neat cars and great people. We drove our 1926 TuDor from New Berlin Wisconsin to Okemos Michigan, via the Lake Express Ferry. The Jamboree had nice events The Reo Museum, The Dodge house, MSU Horticultural Gardens, State Capitol tour, The Olde Carriage Shop Museum, EAA Jewett air show, Never Rest Farm Museum and the ending Banquet. We drove our car 750 miles, averaged 19.3 MPG at an average of 27.3 MPH. We had an excellent time and want to thank the Central Michigan T's for all the hard work setting up and executing this event. Mike & Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 01:38 pm:

Mike,

It's always an honor to have you and your son Dan make the "big drive" to come and see us here in Michigan.

Was a pleasure speaking with you. Glad you're home, safe & sound.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 03:07 pm:

It was a great event indeed. It was a nice tour that was easy on the T and easy on us old timers. Nice and laid back with just enough excitement that was not caused by anything breaking :-)

Thanks a bunch to the Michigan group for putting this on. We are signing up again for next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 04:51 pm:

When and where is it next year?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 05:14 pm:

I passed a 1921 touring and a 1922 roadster on two trailers as I was heading south on I-69 Sunday to go see the eclipse in Southern Illinois.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Schultz_Sheboygan,WI on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

Hey Mike, glad to see you and Dan had a successful run across the lake. We were unable to make the tour this year, but thought of everyone having fun. Hopefully we can make it next year. The Michigan folks really do a nice job every year.

cozy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 11:27 pm:

Mike, was there a reason to stop next to the cornfield?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Schultz_Sheboygan,WI on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 12:13 am:

It's high enough now, you know what I mean.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 09:14 am:

Dave, Does the name Frank Daily mean anything to you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 09:37 am:

Oh yes, we are working on Franks engine right now. Should be done soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 10:01 am:

Ya, guys, we know Frank Daily's reputation and why tall corn fields come in handy sometimes! :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 12:31 am:

http://milwaukeemodeltclub.com/
Go to the above website if you want to see a LOT more pictures of the tour. Dan and Mike always do a great job of taking a lot of pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 07:55 am:

Where is next year's jamboree?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 08:27 am:

I'd like to try one sometime, if they'd let Ohioans in! The timing is frankly a bit better than the Ohio Jamboree, often it's hard to do during Labor Day weekend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 08:30 am:

Tim,

Ohioans are always welcome! Come and Jamboree with us next year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 08:33 am:

Keep track of the Michigan Jamboree here: http://www.michiganjamboree.org/

Currently shows this year's info, but will be updated as next year's info comes available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 08:04 pm:

Isnt next year way up north ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 08:10 pm:

Thanks Jerry! I'll try to make it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 08:14 pm:

Here is a preview that Steve Shotwell gave us at the Banquet.
But watch the website for details. Hope to see you there. Mike

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration