OLD PICTURE

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OLD PICTURE
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John V. Dow on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 05:39 pm:

Hard workin' TT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 06:16 pm:

It looks like that one earned it's keep. I like the beefy hard rubber tires on the rear.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 06:46 pm:

Neat picture John! You know, when you see an ol' Model T or TT hard at work like in this scene, it's no wonder the engines needed "a ring -job" pretty regularly, as opposed to engines today that can, and do, go a couple hundred thousand miles on the original rings! Dust like the dust seen in this photo, on a regular day-to-day basis could cut through a set of rings pretty quickly I'd think! No air cleaners on those "T's right? Of course, modern air cleaners with good effective paper air filter elements are just one reason that modern engines will run as far and as long, trouble-free, as they do nowadays,.... but better motor oil and lubricants help too, as well as fuel filters, fuel injection for precisely metered fuel, modern metallurgy, computer engineering & design for closer tolerances, etc, etc. It all adds up,....we've come a long way! But that dust!!! Makes me a believer in fitting air cleaners to our "T's,...purist or not!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 06:49 pm:

.....oh,....and dusty gravel roads didn't help either, right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 06:56 pm:

Is that a homemade seat the guy is sitting on?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 07:30 pm:

They put flags on the radiator even back then! Thanks John. Love the TT's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 07:41 pm:

A lot of trucks got just enough body to get the job done. They had to have a good dump bed, paid good money for one. Driver needs a place to sit? Something simple and cheap. But it got the job done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 07:57 pm:

That seat sort of looks like it's just a chair set over the gas tank. I don't see a seat belt..... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

Don't dare complain about the seat, there's 8 other guys in the photo who would take his job in a heartbeat to get paid to sit on their butts all day. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 08:44 am:

Photo looks like Mack Cole's profile pic :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 01:07 pm:

I have one of those cement mixers, but mine is somewhat smaller;

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration