Grease Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Grease Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 09:18 pm:

I am still new so bear with me.
How many CUPS are there on a T?
The kind where you turn to add grease to the area.
What kind of grease should I use??
Thanks as always.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 10:08 pm:

I replaced all of mine with grease fittings
I want to know they have grease.you can buy cups that have a fitting inside so they look correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 10:08 pm:

Lang's has a chart with all the grease and oil fillers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

Engine fan, steering gear, one on the ball cap, one on the drive shaft, two on the rear axel, and two hubcaps/grease cups on the front hubs. I started spending the money for red.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 10:15 pm:

Only five grease cups from the factory:

-fan
-universal joint
-driveshaft front bearing
-rear axle (two cups, one left, one right)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 10:21 pm:

Because numerous Model T bearings are not sealed, I like to use the grease that's made for boat trailer wheel bearings. It just seems to me that that's about the best you can do to protect unsealed bearings, steering joints and such from "the elements". It's available at marine supply stores like West Marine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 10:24 pm:

I use high temperature lithium grease everywhere and if I don't have that then I use 1 part elbow grease, 1 part muffler bearing grease, and 1 part bacon grease. I don't think whale blubber is authentic.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 11:29 pm:

If you include the fan grease cup on the early cars, that makes 6. Two on the back axle, one on the universal ball, one on the tailshaft front journal and one on the steering bracket.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 11:30 pm:

No reason to re-invent the wheel. -Use this link and buy this product:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/2833GRT.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 09:32 am:

The stock grease cups work fine, but if you prefer to use a grease gun, the vendors also sell grease cups with zerks hidden inside so that you can use a grease gun, but still retain the correct look.

https://www.modeltford.com/item/2579GR.aspx

https://www.modeltford.com/item/2545GR.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 10:32 am:

That's great information from everyone ( As usual)
Now I know.
Cheers

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration