Dynabeads

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Dynabeads
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Perigo - Linton, IN on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 05:18 pm:

I have an A and a T. One of Model A wheels is out of balance. What's the feeling on dynabeads?

Thanks,
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 05:48 pm:

They're great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 08:00 pm:

Yes...

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/770198.html?1499548453

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 11:03 pm:

I have a bag in each tire in my T. They work great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 11:12 pm:

Yup. -They work great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 09:02 am:

Has anybody used them in a modern pickup, like a Ford F350?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn W. Beers on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 10:13 am:

I have them in my Dodge 4500 truck, have used them for years. They do work great !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 11:59 am:

I use Dynabeads in the tires of my antique cars.

For my modern vehicles and trailers I use Centramatic Wheel Balancers. They are the same concept as Dynabeads, but much mote permanent and can be reused again and again. And no, I don't have any affiliation with either the manufacturer of or vendors for Centramatic Wheel Balancers. I am simply a satisfied customer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 12:11 pm:

Tom; I used another brand, I think Equal, in my Truck and hated them, I had a lot of vibrations. after 6 months I removed them, and went back to regular weights. I followed the vendors recommended amount per my tire size, the more I think about it, I wonder if I did not have enough in each tire. I wish I had added another bag to each tire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 01:07 pm:

I too had used Equal and did not like outcome. It is in powder form, and the particles can and do clump together significantly negatively affecting their performance. It is my understanding that the clumping is caused by moisture.

Dyna beads (from Wiki): Dynabeads are superparamagnetic spherical polymer particles with a uniform size and a consistent, defined surface for the adsorption or coupling of various bioreactive molecules or cells.

Dyna beads form the manufacturer: Dyna beads are 100% ceramic and their performance is not affected by moisture.

Don't ask me if Wiki's description is a fancy articulation of ceramic.....as I haven't a clue.

All I know is that I've had great success with Dyna beads and not so much with Equal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 01:42 pm:

"Superparamagnetic spherical polymer particles"

That's the only kind I'll use! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 01:45 pm:

The Model T never came with them.... BUT if you drive a lot and especially a bit faster than 20 you will most likely like the dynabeads. I think the Equal is what goes in your coffee but may also work in your innertubes for balance.
The ceramic beads maintain their shape so they might work better than the Equal stuff. Haven't heard anyone that didn't like them. I Do
YMMV

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Perigo - Linton, IN on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 01:39 pm:

Glad for all the comments and information. While I won't use them in my T because of the slower, I will use them in my A. Thank you all for taking the time to respond!!!

PS....Maybe I will use them in my T also!

Mike

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration