Engine and Transmission Rebuilding

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Engine and Transmission Rebuilding
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent Pellegrini on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 12:14 am:

I'm looking to get an engine and transmission rebuilt in a 1927 T, I'm looking at using Lilliker Antique Auto in Texas, They seem to be knowledgeable and reasonably priced, as well they will do both the transmission and engine, so it would be nice deal with just one shop.I was wondering if anyone has used them, or does anyone have any suggestions on a good place that they have used?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 12:54 am:

I would strongly suggest Mike Bender in OK or Joe Bell in OH but since you're in Canada maybe Les can suggest someone closer to home?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 04:13 am:

Tim Pearson in Cochrane, AB.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 01:48 pm:

Brent,

Everyone has their favorite. Lilliker is very well respected, though I have not personally used his services. I have used Joe Bell and I'm very satisfied. There are also others that are known to be excellent. Of those, some are very expensive, while other's prices are fairly moderate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 02:21 pm:

Tim in Cochrane can build you one of the best running engines available. His engines have run the Montana 500 without fail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 03:40 pm:

Gene, I didn't realize that Tim had built any Montana 500 motors. I do know that more than half the cars that run the Montana 500 use our motors (Antique Auto Ranch), and more than half the winners over the past 10 or 15 years have won with our motors.

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 04:46 pm:

I got a rebuilt from Tim Bell as well, and am very happy with it!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 05:10 pm:

Sorry Tom, Your are right and another very good choice for Brent since he is in AB. I would think you guys have built more engines and completed more miles in the 500 than anyone else?

I was hoping you would post as an option for Brent as well.

I remember talking to Tim about the 500 and got the impression he had built his own engine and just agreeing with the post by Chris.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent Pellegrini on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 11:10 pm:

Thanks everyone for the great tips, I think I probably will go with Tim in Cochrane,the location is very convenient, as he sounds very knowledgeable

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Pearson on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 12:44 am:

I would like to sort out a couple things here.
Chris,
Thank you for the recommendation.
Gene and Tom,
I have never claimed at any time to have built a 500 motor! I have attended the 500 several times with my car and have run it on occasion as a touring guest. My main reason for attending the 500 was to associate with and learn from some very knowledgeable experts. While there I assisted in some capacity with the event but did not compete.
I was forced to forgo the event this past year as my wife was in hospice. I missed you all and would have rather been at the event. Yes I do build my own engines and have built several now for others.I hope this clears things up.
All the best, T

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration