Model T Proves a sucker is born every minute

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T Proves a sucker is born every minute
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 02:14 am:

\
If you ever wanted poof a sucker is born every minute , there were 15 million sold, to 15 millions suckers

Reading some period letters of praise for a Ford, saying only used 4 liters of oil in 1000 Km, and only needed a rebuild after 40,000 km ,is not praise, but proof they were a mobile bio hazard, and badly built

Read the endless lists of breakdowns on this forum, and the its only a T, the suckers keep coming

Now that there is a 100 million dollar bounty on my head, the world has let loose internet trolls upon me, the US President ,has B1 Bombers on there way, with a just in case, a full scale invasion of Australia is being put together, just in case, read the rest.

Reading the period praise of what sounds like infomercials for junkers today ,and the tales of woe, from current owners on this forum, why should I not have this view .The envy of those calling it ,"only a T", just re enforces this .How about some one put a T in perspective, for a person who may only ever read the horror ,and never own a T because of it ,or blame it for being " only a T" . A "fair and Balance" view

If you still think I am a ratbag, listen to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD4LHMHGpMo
I am Jack "The Wild Colonial Boy" and the Model T world is, Kelly, Davis & Fitzroy , with the Queen being Henry Ford

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 02:31 am:

mmm, I can smell it now! the aroma of left handed tobacco!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 02:38 am:

Smells more like a bottle or two of Bundaberg Rum to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 03:19 am:

Hmmmm Nothing constructive but possible board policy violation

I thought Trolls were not allowed

I quote

When writing your messages, please use the same courtesy that you would show when speaking face-to-face with someone. Flames, insults, and personal attacks will not be tolerated. It's fine to disagree strongly with opinions, ideas, and facts, but always with respect for the other person. Great minds do not always think alike, and that's where the fun is! Also, note that messages express the thoughts of the writers, not the board or its moderators

Based on this then rum and wacky weed comments are not something you would say to my face

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 03:24 am:

I will also add . I wrote read it all and then put a model t in perspective .If you read the first line and write a reply ,well

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 03:29 am:

If the allure of a "T" or any other old car must be explained to you, then perhaps this site and this hobby is not for you. The YOUNGEST "T" you will ever encounter is 90 years old. They started out in a country with virtually NO roads, only wagon tracks. An unproven technology at the time, no roads and owners who could break an anvil thru ignorance and misuse....it's almost beyond belief that any survived. Yet next year there will be MORE T's on the road than today. That this archaic car design still draws so much interest is amazing. From OUR vantage point across the pond from you the "T" IS America. Nothing else needs be said.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 03:30 am:

I don't know about that Hans, I'd say it to you face but maybe even add some more, like stop rabbiting on with "bull sh*t"
If Chris sees the need to delete the post or thread, I don't have a problem with that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 03:33 am:

Was my line "the world has let loose internet trolls upon me" prophesy or just a few policy violators who fail to read or write regardless

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 03:38 am:

Hello Gary. A nice start but too defensive

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 03:41 am:

Frank if your intention is to get the post removed with venom then you will win this round . I would ban you and start again

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 03:44 am:

TO Chris Don't let him win Edit it for me at the start by adding READ IT ALL before you post a reply

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 03:47 am:

The LAST 5 words of my post say it all for me.....have a wonderful day down there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 03:49 am:

If I could start it again I would write READ IT ALL
at the start and ask for a PERSPECTIVE that was not defensive with a feel of attack.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 03:56 am:

Here is a perspective . If Ts are bio hazard is it fair ,how did it compare .I read another period report that said but compared to an X it was miserly on oil and not in the shop every 100 km
Show me the comparison and why it became a legend Is it those driving a X that call it only a T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 04:12 am:

Surrender Jack Doolan ,For you see were 3 two one. Surrender in the Queens high name

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 07:27 am:

Is Poof an Aussie term? I was lost from the first sentence.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 07:40 am:

Hans, somehow I get the feeling that you were bored and just wanted to see what reaction you would get with this post.

I suggest you stick with tried and true MMO and Rotella comments.

Happy Motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 07:50 am:

What does this have to do with water pumps and VW distributors?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 08:05 am:

So Hans lets see a picture of your model T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 08:32 am:

Robert, I really enjoyed your post and my answer to your question is: "if Henry had thought that you needed a water pump, he would have put it your Model T before it left the factory"!!!!

VW and VW distributors, "why are we talking about them when we haven't even made the play-offs"????

Happy motoring,

Warren

PS: I hope Hans is happy now, just see what you started.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 08:53 am:

Well, I'm a sucker all right! A sucker for spreading the word about how much fun, and how GREAT these little cars actually are! I've had very little trouble with my cars, yes, couple of 'em needed an engine rebuild, but what antique car doesn't? Heck, even some modern cars only 3-5 years old need a new engine! Here's the enjoyment I got out of being a sucker just this past week alone!

But wait, there's MORE! A club friend and myself put on a Model T demonstration talk/photos/car rides yesterday. Did several trips around town, this was the last trip with the last lady, actually her second ride, she went in the other car first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 08:55 am:

And, who IS this guy? What's his problem and agenda? Must own stock in GM!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 09:08 am:

Maybe he should explain why there are not thousands of 1920's stovebolts still on the road.............

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 09:11 am:

By 2017 standards, the Model T is a terrible car. No doubt about that.

By 1908 standards it was revolutionary as being one of the most reliable and well built cars in its price range with fantastic power-to-weight ratio.

By 1925 standards it was an obsolete car, but it got the job done at a very low price.

Historical context... learn it.

...and before you get on your high-horse about forum infractions and name calling, your post title effectively called everyone on this forum a "sucker". If you're calling for bans, I'd start with you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 09:14 am:

And as for me. I hear people call this a hobby. But to me it seems an ADDICTION. Just cant get enough of this FUN from my "T".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 09:26 am:

H.A.N.S. Hates Antiques Needs Schooling

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 10:00 am:

Who really gives a schick what he thinks?

Maybe he's right. I think I'll call the local scrapyard and have them come get my '21 out of the garage today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 10:16 am:

Hans,

Am I to gather from this, that you do not like the Model T Ford?

If that's the case, then simply take satisfaction in not owning one, and let that be that. If there is anything in life that makes you happy, (such as self stimulation), then go and do that to your heart's content and leave alone the people who have also found something that they enjoy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 10:27 am:

Can't you see/understand what he's been doing?
The thread, title, and ten of the first fifteen posts were to 'get under the thin skin' of those he could.... And he succeeded!
Exactly the reason to completely avoid the 'Twitters' sorts & mentalities of the world.
Enjoy the hobby, (and) "Happy T-ing!" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 10:33 am:

I do not get it.

what relevance is the???video , the president, a bounty, an invasion of Australia (by whom?)to the model t hobby?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 10:35 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/782661.html?1503349970

One 20 August 2017 he was welcomed to the forum....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron MacDonald on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 11:29 am:

Comments like Schick has added herein aren't worth a response.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 11:51 am:

By Golly who turned this guy Hans Schick loose???????????
He is something else to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!+

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron MacDonald on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 11:55 am:

As I recall "Jack Duggan" didn't fair out too well in the end!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 11:58 am:

I have yet to understand any of this thread. This is incoherent babbling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

16 million sold. Pick a number, over the last 100 years... each one resold on average 4 times. Allowing for some that got scrapped and some got sold 40 times. 4 x 16 = 64 million suckers?

Don't think so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 12:09 pm:

I'm thinking ... let this rest and don't buy into his agenda which seems to be working by getting so much attention.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 12:11 pm:

True Ron McDonald, but Duggan got Kelly before Davis and Fitzroy got Duggan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 12:35 pm:

Wait Wait
He has a point but is about 100 years off base!

If you look at a Model T in light of today's automotive standards he is correct, but the model T was made many years ago when things were different.

Comparing a Model T to today's vehicles is idiotic and suggests that the person is lacking the lug nuts need to keep his wheels on.

Doing it on a Model T forum is akin to joining the NRA and complaining that they support gun ownership,
going to a rock concert and not liking the loud music,
or being a t-totaler, going into a bar and complaining that people are drinking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 12:47 pm:

Fred,

Your statement, "If you look at a Model T in light of today's automotive standards he is correct, but the model T was made many years ago when things were different." speaks volumes and truly answers a lot of the anxieties in the news of the past few weeks. Nuff said there however.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 02:05 pm:

I believe this is a textbook case of new forum member engaging in self immolation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 02:24 pm:

Several thoughts instantly came to mind when I first read the post that started this thread, but I have decided to keep them to myself for fear of breaking one or more of the "rules" for "posting for the good of the hobby"! In other words, why add to something that was obviously written for other than "the good of the hobby", right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 06:28 pm:

WOW!!! I'll have what Shick- elgruber is having!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 06:34 pm:

Note to self: Never drink while posting!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 07:02 pm:

Marty. I don't want anything Shick-elgruber is taking because it has to impair one's ability to think logically.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 07:41 pm:

They are a amazing part of American history. As far as break downs they are a machine that was sold cheap to a public that had been riding a horse or wagon and abused for 100 years. It's amazing the numbers that have survived and are still on the roads. This could be the wrong forum for people who don't like the model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 09:15 pm:

I think he's trying to unite the Forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 09:44 pm:

Lol, well that was enjoyable reading. I'm sure that todays cars will be classified as horrid and a biohazard in another hundred years. That doesn't mean anybody will stop buying new cars though.

Thank god a sucker is born every min, if not we might not be here. I think everyone here and everyones parents have felt like a sucker towards the other sex at some point.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 09:46 pm:

I'm Bored .....

So I watched the video link.

Ray Sawyer - aka " Dr. Hook " is still alive !

At age 80 ( born in 1937 ) he is almost as old as a Model T .....

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Walker on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 12:28 pm:

I had a blast with some T friends this past weekend, driving down some old roads, of ball bearing-like stones covered by water, that don't allow new cars.

Thank God, and thank Henry Ford, for the Model T :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mr.Grundy on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 12:47 pm:

well if you want to attack the mighty industrialist and industry of America you might want to remember lend lease and our involvement in the south pacific you Aussies would have been good fodder for the Japanese...THAT was what American industry did for all the commonwealth of Great Britian...not that I approve of bailing out our oppressors

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Lake Oswego, OR on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 12:51 pm:

At the risk of making a comment, this deserves no comment. Poof

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 01:18 pm:

Famous D.L. Moody spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the 1800s and a woman told him that she did not like the way he did evangelism. So, he asked her, "How do you do evangelism?" and she replied, "I don't." Then came Moody's quote, "Well, I like the way I do evangelism better than the way you don't do evangelism."

Even though Henry Ford had faults, I, did not get into the automotive industry and build cars. Therefore...I like the way Henry ran his business better than the way I did not do doodly-squat.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Heavner on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 08:45 pm:

Check out the 2009 MTFCI cross country tour. What other antique car can do this? Also check out the around the world tour a T did back in the day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent Pellegrini on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 09:22 pm:

Exactly Erich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 04:44 am:

I wonder what bridge this troll lives under? Would be good to know so we can avoid it in the future.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 01:16 pm:

I aint been on the forum much lately. Looks like there is the usual mess going on.
I just wish Hugh Jass or Mr.Wang the bearing guy came back. At least they had character and we could play word games with Mr.Wang's name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

I aint been on the forum lately. Looks like there is the usual mess going on.
I just wish Hugh Jass or Mr.Wang the bearing guy came back. At least they had character and we could play word games with Mr.Wang's name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 01:36 pm:

Usual mess going on?

You must be on the wrong forum as there is a lot of good things going on here:

"Meet The Nuthin' Special"
"Model T Funnies And Memes"
"Coast To Coast"
"Henry Ford's Minerva"
"Honest Question"
"Need Help Indentifying 1907 Model N"

...and list goes on.

I invite you to take part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clyde Gibson on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 01:58 pm:

I have only been into Model T's for year .I am already addicted. At age 75. Had a wonderful weekend tour and ready for many more

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 02:05 pm:

Clyde,

That is so very good to hear !

Keep posting ....

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 08:41 pm:

Me thinks he be a Troll...stop feeding him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dysart - SoCal on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 05:01 pm:

troll or not, his last post to this thread was more than a week ago. it looks like he wandered off. for the last 30+ posts, this thread is just the forum regulars chatting as usual...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 08:46 pm:

NUT CASE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 12:59 pm:

Just a reminder folks:

One 20 August 2017 he was welcomed to the forum....

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/782661.html?1503349970

So nothing to see....move along.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 02:05 pm:

Look Ma, No Hans.
Forgive me. I miss him.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 09:43 am:

thanks Tim,I have been out of the circle lately.
When i said the usual mess, I was thinking back to some other rant that was going on,can't even remember what it was about.

I still would like to know who was Hugh Jass :-).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 11:49 am:

may have been the discoverer of modified bitumen roofing tar.

Is it still raining down there, Mack? If so, maybe you can get some clues from this old post...

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/103269.html?1251422017

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 01:48 pm:

Interesting that Hans has suddenly gone quiet.

Yes, the T has its challenges today but we still love them and defend them with gusto. What Hans seems to have missed is the T was one of the most successful commercial products ever produced.

So was this product sold to a country of morons? Yes Hans, it was. Oddly enough, these same morons also blundered their way into space, telephones, Microsoft and the iPhone. Who knows what other trouble they will create as time goes on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 05:16 pm:

We only had about 3 inches of rain in a hour and then it was purty much clouds for 2 days.

Hans may just have his hands full climbing the stairs up from his mom's basement to get some Cheetos and milk out of the fridge! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration