What to do with the '11 engine?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What to do with the '11 engine?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 03:06 pm:

I have in my possession of an engine block number 639955.

Except for the head being pulled off. It does not look like anything has been done.

Is this worth anything? If so about how much?

Is there anything I should do to preserve the block?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 03:11 pm:

It may have been in a 1911 car, but it's a 1915 engine, based on the serial number. Still has value.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 03:21 pm:

Fat fingers strike again.
I mint '15.
It still has the 2 piece valves in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 03:42 pm:

IMO every Model T engine with a serial number has the potential to become a car. I would guess $100-200 just for the s#. Preserve? If you are not going to sell it or do something right now, I would coat the thing with oil, put it in a bag and then into a Rubbermaid sealed tub.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 04:44 pm:

I like that idea.
Now it looks like the beginning of a speedster.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration