I wrote a song...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: I wrote a song...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Deke on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 05:56 pm:

It's been maybe 20 years since I got the muse, but this little ditty evolved over the last couple of weeks or so. Its a big departure from what I usually do and not something I've ever tried before, but it was fun to have a go at something different.

Not sure if this is going to work, but here goes...

http://www.dekemartin.co.uk/audio/model-t.mp3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 06:17 pm:

Loved it, very good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

We need a picture of Deke's gang crossing a street in Liverpool with his Ford parked down the street! Joyous!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 06:36 pm:

:>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 08:21 pm:

Very nicely done
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F Stephens-Marcle on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 09:40 pm:

Prairie Home Companion ....eat your heart out !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 10:20 pm:

Love it!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 10:43 pm:

It has a vintage sound to it.....very nice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Deke on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 01:45 am:

Thanks guys, glad you liked it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 01:57 am:

Are you serious? That is fantastic!!!
And yes! It has a vintage sound. Too cool.
Would you post the lyrics so we can all sing along?
Deke, thank you.
Du
Wow!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 02:15 am:

Bravo, Bravo, Bravo.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 04:21 am:

I admire almost anyone with musical talent. I have none. The closest thing to a musical instrument I can play is a phonograph. I have tried, and taken lessons. I love music, listen to it a lot, many kinds.
That was very nice! I enjoyed it a lot. It had a nice era sound, and the words were great!
Thank you for sharing it here!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Deke on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 12:39 pm:

Thanks fellas, I really appreciate the positive comments. Here's the lyrics:

Driving In a Model T

Dress up in your finest threads,
Pull a cloche hat on you head,
Enjoying every mile, and doing it in style,
Driving in a Model T

Fill the grease pots, get ‘em tight,
Check the oil level’s right,
Dip the fuel tank, and pull upon the crank,
All before you drive a Model T.

Climbing hills is easy when your fuel level’s good,
If in doubt just turn about and put the pedal to the wood! (try it backwards)

When we’re there you'll be the star,
Finest clothes, finest car,
Everyone’ll stare, but you won't care,
We’ll be in a Model T!

Tudor, Fordor, Speedster, Touring, truck or Depot Hack,
You can have any colour you like (you know where this is going, don’t you)

Turn your back and they'll be hoards
Of kids upon your running boards.
It's your pride and joy, but they treat it like a toy
Everybody loves a Model T.

20 to the gallon, and 20 eager stallions,
Only when you drive a Model T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 01:02 pm:

Wow! -Now that was impressive!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration