Coupe trunk lid hinge question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Coupe trunk lid hinge question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 08:33 pm:

Are the trunk lid hinges the same for '23-'25 coupes and the ones used on earlier coupes?

Are these coupe trunk lid hinges?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 08:34 pm:

yes they are coupe hinges- not sure what year though

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 09:02 pm:

The Parts List of Body Parts lists hinge (deck door) 9481X for '16-23 and and 17401RX for 1924. I can't tell you the difference or why they don't list 1925. I used what you show in my 1922 as that is all I have seen. They were used on the '24-'25's.

Not as much help as I'd like but someone else will know.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 09:19 pm:

After looking at the hinges closer, I realized that they are slightly different. The mounting points are the same but the arms are different lengths.

Could it be just manufacturing differences or is one for an earlier coupe and one for a later?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 09:21 pm:

This discussion shows pictures of Dennis Seth's '22. They look much the same to me.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/563258.html?1439676499

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 09:46 pm:

Those ARE subtle differences. I will have to look at all mine now.
Thank you Ed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 09:51 pm:

I have a late 24 Coupe and I think the hinge with the deeper curve on the right in the above pic is correct for the 24-25 Coupe's.
I don't think they will fit the earlier Coupes because of the different size of the lids. The 24-25 deck lids are a bit smaller than the earlier Coupes.
The deck lid hinges are really hard to find. In fact most any of the Coupes deck lid and door hardware and body trim parts aren't being reproduced at this time other than a few door lock parts. Others may know if there is.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration