Tail light wire bushings kit T-5032

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Tail light wire bushings kit T-5032
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas Dachenbach on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 10:15 am:

I have a 24 coupe and I am replacing the wiring harnesses. I'm starting on the tail light and brake light wires. I have the 6 piece kit of the bushings(T-5032). I've looked at page 12 of the Service Manual and still don't see where these 4 wire bushings go. I don't know how they are fitted into holes in the brackets. Are the arms fed through holes and then twisted?? Also there is a spring attached to a fiber plate with 3 holes in it. What does it do and where does it go?? My T has zip ties and duck tape holding the wires currently so I don't have anything to use as a guide.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 10:48 am:

These should help you.

And this photo shows original loom clamps and an original grommet for the long tail light wire, the grommet is wire wrapped and the tails of the wire are slipped through castle nuts at the fastening points in lieu of a cotter pin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 10:55 am:

On my '24 touring, the last grommet is mounted to the spare tire bracket where the tail lamps rides.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas Dachenbach on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 11:38 am:

Think guys, I think I'm good now. Now to pull some wire and get a little dirty LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 01:29 pm:

Dan I am re-wiring my 25 could you e-mail me a high resolution copy of that document?
Jewlhope at gmail dot com

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration