A trolls abitity to delete history

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: A trolls abitity to delete history
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 10:43 am:

I came back to see a spirited debate of my question .My prophecy of trolls came true

The MTCFA answer to trolls is to delete an entire post rather than suspend or ban the poster of policy violations or remove a violators posts and allow a debate to continue

A Troll knows to delete history and debate is to violate forum policy and thus remove debate

MTFCA needs to revise its procedure

PROPHECY OF THINGS TO COME

Trolls will win within 24 hours by again filling a post with hate

A minority of the majority who would like to see debate will see this post deleted

The minority few trolls will cement their control of debate and history to there liking leaving the majority none the wiser of what they have done as it was deleted before they saw another view of the world

The ultimate victory for Trolls is if MFFCA decides the first person to be banned is the one creating spirited debate

A CHALLENGE TO THE MTFCA

Ask the members how they want trolls dealt with suspend and or ban or delete history. Is this what they call democracy or just another "Animal Farm"

For the majority a video to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD4LHMHGpMo

In the song jack is the majority wanting a debate ,the Queen is the Trolls of this site

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 10:49 am:

Sites where policy violators are banned is when its good for business

Sites where more is to be gained allow violations of policy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 10:51 am:

Oooops did I just inflame the MTFCA and violate polcy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 11:10 am:

Hi Hans,

I think you're misunderstanding the point of the forum. Whether you want a debate or not, that's not what we're here for. From your responses it's clear that you're not well-intentioned but poorly worded, you're just being inflammatory on purpose. That's what's getting the response you're seeing from the other members.

Mission accomplished, I guess?

How about we move into something more relevant. Do you own a Model T? Are you looking to acquire one some day? That's the real point of the forum. Digging into history is an offshoot of it all as a means of better understanding what we have but I suspect the main focus of the members of the MTFCA is to continue that history through preserving their cars.

Ever the diplomat,
-Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 11:25 am:

Hello Tim

If history is an offshoot and not relevant how do you preserve a car and its rise to fame and love by others

No history is written without inflaming someone and accepted as fact to the majority

Site politics policy can be easily violated but here in Australia and in the USA at present history the offshoot of our lives is at play

Yes I have more than one and more than one brand of car.

After 1 am here so good night

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mr.Grundy on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 06:39 pm:

Hans, Although we all may have differing opinions I agree with you that a site should be open and free for subjects to debate.The current trend in America is to want to control speech and try to create a stress free zone for folks to gather in, live or on line. I think that many on the MTFCA site just want to stick to their cars and stay away from politics which I totally understand. On the other hand we should allow people to speak their minds and either ignore them or jump right in with our own points of view. That being said remember to try and not be offended yourself when we defend our T hobby and the institution that is FORD. Also to fellow members remember Henry himself spouted some fairly politically incorrect theories himself relating to the world banking system...but he also tried to keep us out of WW1 god bless him. Peace out!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 06:55 pm:

Henry Ford, 1922, in his book - My Life and Work:

"The people are naturally conservative. They are more conservative than the financiers. Those who believe that the people are so easily led that they would permit the printing presses to run off money like milk tickets do not understand them. It is the innate conservation of the people that has kept our money good in spite of the fantastic tricks which financiers play-and which they cover up with high technical terms. The people are on the side of sound money. They are so unalterably on the side of sound money that it is a serious question how they would regard the system under which they live, if they once knew what the initiate can do with it."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mr.Grundy on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 07:09 pm:

Scott amen and a big 10-4....if only. We need Coolidge back!! and Mellon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hans Schick on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 07:07 am:

Hello

Two thinkers. Like TV don't watch the channels you don't like. Few watch our ABC or what I think you call PBS.

With the risk I inflame the trolls calling them out or shooting back and they crumble. Enough so to post another topic calling for ignoring this post for fear they are seen by some to have terminated this one with policy violations

Maybe there is no need to suspend or ban , The fear of exposure is enough to send a troll back under a bridge

Time will tell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 08:57 am:

Hans- what are your thoughts on the historical use Marvel Mystery Oil?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 09:06 am:

Lets add water pumps, distributors and 12v systems...............

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 09:38 am:

Well, an hour to go and it appears that the trolls have lost as there has been no hate, no pulled threads, no banning, and nothing but good natured folk all around. This troll is no Nostradamus, as his prophesy has failed to materialize. Now, back to more meaningful endeavors...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 11:43 am:

This is kinda fun. It's liking watching an old screw ball comedy!

That's a genre, not a comment on anyone or anything.

Thought I'd make that clear before it was misunderstood.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration