OT I went to a bike show

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT I went to a bike show
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 04:34 pm:

Sometimes happiness IS in your own back yard. It used to be a wheat field and then an industrial complex. Today it was a bike show.
The fellow who owns the fabrication business behind our home put on a bike show. He builds custom bikes as a hobby. I pretended to be a biker in the 60's but old cars saved me. I did roll the '19 chassis over to show off the charm of the teens.

There must be something in the water here as there are several of us fabricating stuff. A guy not far builds extravagant motor homes that cost as much as 5 to 8 hundred thousand dollars. Probably more than the wheat farmer was getting 50 years ago.
It is fun to see how other's toil away their time.

It has been fun to spend time there today rather than cleaning my carbide generator.

Rich

(Message edited by rich eagle on August 26, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 05:06 pm:

Those are beautiful. Love the Harley. Thank you for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 05:43 pm:

Love the old Harley.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 05:49 pm:

Rich, that must be an old Harley. No motor! A good set of peddles and your up and runnin.
Just pokin fun. Thats a sweet one.
Thanks for photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 12:01 am:

I'm glad you could show what a real motorcycle will/should look like.
That Forty Six is almost cool. I can understand the steam-punk bit on the head lamp but...
Your 19 IS cool.
I'd rather ride a Harley like yours.
Hah! I'd bet the most comfortable to operate in the end would be yours. :-) Controls right there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 12:40 am:

I like the 46 too, might be the color. Except that open chain, would have to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 10:45 am:

I'm not a fan of motor bikes, but those are pretty neat. Too bad Mike from the Pickers wasn't there. He'd go ape!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 11:47 am:

Years ago I had the chance to buy a 1916 Indian, dirt cheap -- before they went through the roof -- about $250.

I passed it up and am kicking myself to this day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 12:50 pm:

If we only had known. I paid $75 for the bike frame, wheels and fenders about 1973. That included a Simplex and a CZ without motors. Another $75 for a motor. Since then I have picked up or built most of the rest of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 01:38 pm:

I always wanted a XR 750 but back in the day you had to have a pro licence to buy one!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 12:59 am:

very cool Rich, glad you had fun. Hope to see you on your finished HD sometime in the future.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration