Making / Installing Firewall Felt

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Making / Installing Firewall Felt
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 08:13 am:

I bought some black felt at the fabric store and glued two pieces together using Scotch spray adhesive. This gave me the thickness I needed. Then I cut to size. I sprayed the back of the felt with adhesive so that I could affix it to the firewall allowing me free hands to punch the rivet holes with an old carburetor adjustment needle. Then I installed the rivets. I'll open the mounting holes with a thin Exacto blade.
Felt seal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 09:03 am:

Next time I'm in Henrietta I would like to come by and see your project...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 06:08 pm:

Sure ... contact me. Also .... if you come during the week and I don't have a workshop ... can give you a behind the scenes tour of the George Eastman Museum.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration