Questionable item on ebay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Questionable item on ebay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 08:38 am:

The item description says this is an original Ford accessory. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this just the cut off end of a hubcap? I've been watching it and was surprised when I saw 2 bids.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 08:46 am:

I think the rest of the hub cap just rusted away,OR the two bidders have been watching too many episodes of American Pickers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 11:34 am:

I found the listing unbelievable. But, then when I saw two bids on what is left of a hubcap, I was floored!!!! One born every minute, I guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F Stephens-Marcle on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 12:28 pm:

pays to know what you are looking at....don't think its a scam, just an misinformed seller ....buyer beware ! maybe one of us should attempt to politely educate them ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

John F Do so at your own risk! I tried to tell one person that what he was selling was a fuel door and not a vent for a 27 ford he complained to E-bay saying I was trying to make him look bad it finally got resolved when I sent him pictures of my car with the fuel door open so he could see the gas cap. He re-listed but never apologised.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 03:50 pm:

I guess you could get your old beat up hubcaps, cut out the ends , drill a small hole on one end and put a key ring on them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 04:35 pm:

John, my wife would actually love that and make them herself. I'm going to suggest it to her.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 05:28 pm:

Well it turned into a scam as I told the lister what it was the first day it was put on Ebay!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F Stephens-Marcle on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 07:00 pm:

Guess I best keep my opinion on this one right here, to bad some people will never accept the truth, even when you have proof. You know what they say ; "you can lead a horse to water, but even if he drinks, you still have them road apples to deal with " !! Ha Ha Ha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 07:11 pm:

I have one of those "rare" Ford dealer accessories on my key chain for my T key.

I found mine in a $1 pile at Hershey a few years back and oddly enough it was in the exact shape of an old beat up hub cap before it ended up on my key chain!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 02:55 am:

Where do you guys get off patrolling eBay and letting sellers know their listing is a crock? What business is it of yours to keep people from buying this misrepresented stuff? It only serves your ego as as a self appointed expert in this minute piece of the eBay spectrum. People don't want correction from the anonymity of the internet. What do you think would happen if you tried to politely educate a fat woman you encounter in person on the street that she is overweight? She would tear you a new a-hole and you would deserve it. If people want to buy the sad remains of a model T hubcap as a piece of jewelry it's none of your business. Get over it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brass TT on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 03:10 am:

ERIK and sounds like you may well be one, it is probably not a case of "Trolling" for dud listings, but more a grimmace of rage when these "shit" listings appear in our emails as part of genuine ebay search engines.
Just like when i get listings for japanese turbochargers come to my email because the seller has included " Fits Model T Ford". And the same goes for CD players, DVd players and oddball Hv headlamp bulbs and all sorts of other crap because they also apparently will "Fit Model T Ford". Yeah - Effing right they will !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 03:25 am:

Brass TT, I too get irritated seeing all that crap when surfing eBay for the stuff that really interests us. Since when does a Japnese turbo or aluminum street rod radiator "fit model T"? I can see that others would have negative feedback about these listings. Do you have a brass TT? That reminds me of the Vintage Ford cover many years ago of a brass truck in a field of tulips or some kind of flowers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 05:12 am:

Can you say "Bay Watch" ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 08:10 am:

I've corrected sellers before. Sometimes I'm ignored, sometimes I'm thanked and the listing is corrected. I consider it being helpful. The seller can always search online to confirm the info you gave him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 10:45 am:

Nothing wrong in helping someone get the item they are selling to the right place. As with Dave, sometimes I too am ignored or thanked and the listing corrected, then too sometimes I am thanked and they don't fix it. Then the item is relisted over and over at the same price and wrong description. I have the end cut off a hub cap, was done by a friend shortly before he passed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 01:39 pm:

Mark, agree with you there. I need to give the guys here the credit due for wanting potential new T hobbyists to get a fair deal. That's good for everyone. Good sellers will appreciate it too. I like Ed's key fob. Great idea for mangled hub caps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 01:56 pm:

Looks like there might be somebody at the upcoming swapmeets selling Model T key rings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

I've got four beat up brass hub caps that came on my car. Looks like this winter I'll be making four key fobs...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration