If I had the room....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: If I had the room....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Gorman on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 08:45 am:

Saw this neat vintage Model T based travel trailer on eBay yesterday:http://www.ebay.com/itm/1912-Ford-Other/222625269864?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3A IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I hope someone can preserve or restore it and put it back in use with period rig to pull it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 08:52 am:

Chris, you're right, that thing could be awesome!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 08:54 am:

Wow, that would be one fun project!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 08:56 am:

Being pulled behind Jeff Cordes' TT :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 12:59 pm:

Wow! That is fine looking.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 03:09 pm:

It's absolutely fabulous. Would make a perfect traveling darkroom. Even the color is correct for that purpose. Yes, if only I had the room.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F Stephens-Marcle on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 06:43 pm:

I would like to see a master carpenter purchase this to both preserve it and to reproduce copies of it, the market may be small, but I'm sure many of us would find the $$$$ somewhere to own one of our very own ! Imagine the looks towing this down road ! Heck I might even sell my modern for a copy of that little darlin' !! How about you ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 01:09 am:

That thing was for sale at the Long Beach Meet a couple of years ago, It was from the estate of Bill Trepanier(sp) of Bill's Radiator. The asking price was a bit high, and I don't think it sold there.

I looked at it and I have to say that, in my opinion, it is pretty rough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 02:18 am:

It does look rough indeed, you'd have to take it to the chassis (because there is a Model T chassis under it, you can see the cross member in the front) and rebuild from there...and from I see in the pictures, its got a lot of wasted space too, and once the table/bed is up, there's no passage room around it.

A far better design and better thought out camper is the Lamb-Steed Kamp-Kar, carried 100 gallons of water and 14 gallons of gas, has stowage and cubby's in and around the outside skirts and a fair sized closet/wardrobe near the rear door (on both sides). The sides fold down and the seat cushions make mattresses for the beds (one on either side, plus the front seat), making for better pass through and fold up for travel and it sleeps 6...if I had an extra chassis, that's what I'd build, not waste time on this thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 10:03 am:

Thanks Mike S, I knew I'd seen it somewhere before. It was in a photo post here from an earlier Long Beach Swap meet. With the level of reconstruction needed, I think the interior could be better laid out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 11:50 pm:

I think. Tim. Moore. Needs it For his trip

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration