Installing low head advantages?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Installing low head advantages?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 03:45 pm:

My 15 motor was pretty much shot and to expensive for me to rebuild. I bought an 18 motor that was already rebuilt. Is there any advantages to me installing my 15 low head. It's been cleaned and is nice and flat and has nice a spark plug threads. I'll would also like to install my hogs head with the ribbed peddles this winter, or should I just install the peddles into the 18 hogs head?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 05:05 pm:

10% increase in horsepower is all. Heck yeah, use the low head. It'll give you 22 horsepower. And IF your T is a '15, go ahead and install the alum tranny cover w/ the low pedals.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 07:58 pm:

The high head has less water volume, may not cool as well, but will look more correct than the high head. I would not change the peddles to the 18 hog's head, use your aluminum hogs head, or save it as is until you go back to the original setup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

Sorry, the low head is the one with less water volume.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 12:00 am:

The 19 engine in my 24 has the ribbed pedals installed in its hogs head. Looks really neat.
Ribbed pedals in an iron cover with the starter block-off plates. :-) I got it that way and I like it.
I agree with Dale. Use your aluminum hogs head/cover with its pedals unless it has deep issues. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 04:18 pm:

No big problems with the aluminum hogs head. I can do the bushing for the peddle shafts myself. Cams are all still good.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration