Wondered why the Hood sat too High :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Wondered why the Hood sat too High :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 06:44 am:

I was fitting the hood on the '23 and couldn't figure out why it seemed to sit so high on the firewall. Was thinking that maybe the body needed to be shimmed to bring the cowl up to meet the hood. But the firewall to body holes lined up perfectly. Hmm. Turns out the cowl lacing I installed on the steel cowl was the thicker, two bead type. I realized the problem when I read that the cowl lacing should be the same stock as used on the radiator shell. Easy to fix ...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration