Hurricane Harvey Model T is fine.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Hurricane Harvey Model T is fine.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 08:08 pm:

Live from Houston, Texas. Family is fine. The garage received about 4 inches of water only so Shirley the model T is fine. Four feet deep in street, whole neighborhood was a lake, lots of homes flooded. Housed a few less fortunate people. The flood waters receded this morning but might come back.

house.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

Wow.
Thank you checking in with us Ignacio. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 10:00 pm:

Glad to hear that you have survived the storm fairly well. Our prayers are with you, your family, and everyone else affected by the storm ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 11:09 pm:

Be safe..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 08:22 am:

Thanks for the update. We've been through a cat 3-4 and it isn't fun. Stay safe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 09:00 am:

Wow! Prayers for everyone in the area. If I were there I would have to wet a line just to see what's in the water.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 09:44 am:

Glad that you are relatively OK Ignacio!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 09:47 am:

Wow. Glad to see you're safe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 09:58 am:

Glad your safe for now. Our son-in-law along with a lot of other people who are involved with rescue services were sent down last night from Central Texas to help with evacuations from affected areas in and around the costal areas.
Be safe Ignacio and keep the family safe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 11:20 am:

Glad to hear your OK.
A slight difference in height can make a BIG difference in the amount of water you get.
Looks like your main floor missed the washing but the lower floor got wet.

We were in the Corning flood of 72 with 6 feet of muddy water in are living room and another 3 feet from the floor to the ground.
They had to remove all the inside walls and insulation to dry things out.
Then they sprayed the areas with disinfectant that was supposed to stop mildew and kill germs.
Flood water can be nasty stuff with all kinds of unwanted organic stuff etc.
Years later we could tell who tried short cuts on a humid day.

Now we always make sure that we purchase on the high ground when we move.
Kinda reminds me of the song -Standing on Higher ground!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 11:23 am:

Wow! That is a beautiful home you have. I think it will withstand the flood waters just fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 12:33 pm:

At my age and condition two thousand miles away I would do what do what could to help-----probably not much! I admire the Texas folks help for folks in need. America needs more of that thinking. Best of luck Ignacio and all of the helping hands!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 12:50 pm:

Larry, thanks on the home. Built it myself after saving for 17 years. New Orleans style. Code said has to be 3 feet up, I said let's go up 6 feet then so we can put more Model T's in! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration