Windshield stantion nuts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Windshield stantion nuts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 09:25 pm:

I stumbled on a post here in the last few weeks... that showed what I remember are nuts for those hard to reach windshield stantion bolts that go through the cowl at the base of the stantion. They were actually small rectangles of steel, tapped for the through bolts. Does anyone remember those? I am not finding them with Google searches... nor eyeball scans of the normal 3 suppliers. They wouldn't be all that hard to make, if it wasn't for the potentially odd angle the taps may need to be.

I'd like to replace my windshield glass with safety glass, as I know mine certainly is NOT safety galss.... before the OFF.

Thanks in advance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Monday, August 28, 2017 - 09:30 pm:

Sorry.... found the post.... guess I can just make 'em....

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/783659.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 01:31 am:

I manage to use the square nuts that came with the bolts from McMasters. I got them in position with a length of bailing wire and held them with my skinny left hand pinkie while screwing in the bolts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

Wish I had a skinny left hand pinkie! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration