Henry Ford's Minerva

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Henry Ford's Minerva
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 08:36 am:

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/297813-henri-fords-minerva/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 08:53 am:

Very cool. Who would have thought :-) Does anyone know what the two canisters are below the headlights at the frame spreader?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil McKay on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 08:57 am:

...rather sketchy reference to Henri Ford with respect to this car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 09:00 am:

They look like Westinghouse shock absorbers to me.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 06:45 pm:

Thomas Edison had a Simplex Car on several of the camping trips that he, Henry Ford, Harvey Firestone. John Burroughs, and others did 1916-1924.

Best regards, John Page, Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 08:38 pm:

I had a 1926 Studebaker Big Six 4 door for a short time, it had those shocks on the front and rear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 09:28 pm:

Henry Ford owned many cars as his wealth increased. A few I've come across include a Minerva, although the model he chose seems uncertain. This Minerva U.S. Ad implies he bought a large enclosed model:

This ad implies he bought a smaller 16 hp model:

And a news article reporting he bought a large heavy model:

Henry Ford did buy a large six cylinder Renault and when in Europe bought a Rolls Royce Silver Ghost, that he had outfitted for his family, and later shipped to the U.S. according to news stories:

Criticism of his purchase of the RR was nicely deflected with the anecdote that upon arriving in England, all Fords were sold, so he chose the second best car available, a Rolls Royce:

As a Model K enthusiast, my interest in these cars was the fact it didn't appear Henry Ford had developed an aversion to six cylinders as of 1912.......

(Message edited by Rob on August 29, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 01:39 am:

Stirring up hate against the wealthy and implying hypocrisy in others is not something new. It started long before the occupy Wall Street movement and "progressive" politics. Henry was a gearhead like all of us. He appreciated fine machines and had the means to buy whatever he wanted. He also knew most people did not, and his path to success was producing a quality car that they could afford and maintain. So that's what he built. When he came to our city in 1919, he visited relatives in the area in a big 7 passenger Buick the local Ford dealer borrowed for the trip. He also chose to take the train out here in his private coach. The modern media would have had a liberal cow over his elitist travel choices. I can imagine what would have happened if an "occupy Dearborn" group picketed the Ford plant. Hank would have had Bennet bust some heads. Different time for sure, but still some things are the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 03:47 am:

Somewhere I read recently that Henry had a mid-twenties Marmon for his personal use and his drive to the factory every day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 12:22 pm:

Henry Fordís Detroit Electric

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration