26-27 trunk lid

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 26-27 trunk lid
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derrick Pang on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 06:39 pm:

Hey all,

Friend of mine is looking for a 26-27 trunk lid. If anyone has one for sale please message me and i'll get in touch with you. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 06:50 pm:

What model T. As i understand it roadsters and coupes do not use the same lid

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derrick Pang on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 08:33 pm:

It is for a roaster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

Roadster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 08:46 pm:

Are there subtle little differences in the deck lid between 26 and 27 ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 08:49 pm:

Are there subtle little differences in the deck lid between 26 and 27 ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 08:57 pm:

Derrick
If he is interested I can provide detailed pictures of the rumble seat conversion on my '27 roadster so he could make one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derrick Pang on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 10:19 pm:

Thanks Les I'll ask

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 10:32 pm:

I was told that roadsters had two options: trunks or seats, whereas coupes only had the trunk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 11:45 pm:

As far as I know there is no difference between 26 and 27 roadster decklids. But coupe and roadster are definitely different! Coupe decklids have a reverse bend that flares up below the rear window. Roadster decklids have a smooth crown. The one in the picture is a reproduction that Howels Sheetmetal made... Purchased thru Langs. A bit pricey... But better than unobtainable!

If I was to do it over again I would have bought the inner and outer skins unassembled. That way I could have added the necessary compound curve to the outer skin before assembling the decklid. You can't see it in the picture, but there was a big depression in the skin where the tin needed to be stretched and shaped in order to match the original.

The reproduction panel they make for below the decklid suffers the same fate.

Finding useable original panels is near impossible. I looked for several years and found nothing but garbage... And for nearly the same price as the new ones! Besides... I would rather have the new one now, and make it as right as I want it, than patiently wait for an overpriced unicorn.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration