Some Work To Do Before The Mainely T Tour Next Week

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Some Work To Do Before The Mainely T Tour Next Week
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 08:22 pm:

We attended the Keystone Cops regional tour in Lake George last week. Great weather, great tour!

I didn't like how my 14's engine sounded so I removed it and I am stripping it down. After over 15,000 miles it could probably use a check-up. I need to get it back together for next weeks Mainely T Tour, if I don't find anything catastrophic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 08:52 pm:

Dan,

That is a beaut !

Love the Patina ...

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F Stephens-Marcle on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 09:37 pm:

I have always admired a vehicle that looks like a driver, she sure got that ! P.S. mighty handsome "modern" the 'ol girl shares shop space with !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 06:45 am:

Thanks Jim and John. It is good driver for sure.
I started the 56 last winter, but have been too busy to get much done on it. Once the snow comes I'll get back to it. That's the good thing about winter,it keeps you busy in the garage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 07:13 am:

Dan, I attended a PAL "Profile Automobile League" tour a few years back to Lake George, it sure is a beautiful place to see.

I love your '14 and it's plate. Can you send me that dealer's sign? I will pay the shipping cost.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 12:41 pm:

Warren, I can see why you would want that dealers sign. It's about 10 miles from the town of Lake George. We spotted it and pulled over to take a picture of it. We thought it was a dealer that went out of business years ago. Turns out it is an active Ford dealer that is running the same business down the road. Across the street from this sign is his used car lot. On the same side of the street and a little ways back from the sign is a restaurant where we ended up having breakfast, and got the story about it from the waitress.

I have the 14 engine all apart. Can't really find anything wrong with it. So I tightened it up and I am going to adjust the valves. I haven't decided, but I may pull the transmission apart.

My wife said there was nothing wrong with it. I should have listened to her.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 01:12 pm:

'14 is back together. I tightened the bearings and adjusted the valves. We put some miles on it Monday and it sounds normal again. We left yesterday morning for Maine, it was raining pretty good and we ended up having trailer problems. I turned around and headed back for home. Unhooked the trailer and then headed back to Maine... T-less! Might have been just as well because it is raining now and the forecast is rain until Monday. Still a beautiful area and worth the trip. Looks like the tour will be good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 09:54 pm:

Your ears knew, didn't they? :-)
Pull the windshield and firewall and look at the open space! An aha! moment for me.
Interesting spelling of the name Minnehaha on that boat. Here in MN it's one word with no hyphens. :-)
Very interesting pics. Thank you for posting!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration