Model T Ford Fix

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T Ford Fix
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 06:31 am:

Auto Inn, Thank you for sharing these wonderful pictures!!!!
They bring back lots of great memories of when I was an OTR truck driver.
I have been over Grapevine (I-5) hundreds of times, back in the 70s & 80s.
I don't think I was ever over Topanga Canyon Summit, next time I get out to visit my twin brother in Sun City, I will have to go there.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 06:53 am:

Great photos Warren, lots of T's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 08:49 am:

The Grapevine section of the Ridge Route in 1920.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 10:31 am:

I've lived in L.A. all my life and I've never heard of Topanga Canyon Summit! I've been on the Topanga Canyon Road many times, and logically, I would think that summit would be there, not on the Ridge Route!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 10:35 am:

I've lived in L.A. all my life and I've never heard of Topanga Canyon Summit! I've been on the Topanga Canyon Road many times, and logically, I would think that summit would be there, not on the Ridge Route!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 10:45 am:

Thanks for the photos Guys. Topanga Canyon Summit Brings back memories of not 90 years ago but 50 years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 11:10 am:

Larry
South of Mulholland on Topanga

application/pdf
Google Maps.pdf (243.6 k)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 11:21 am:

Guys, I drive that route everyday. Its now called Top-o-Topanga. Just like in the first photo, there is a place to park and look out over the West San Fernando Valley.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 12:11 pm:

There is a section of the old Grapevine route from Goreman to Castaic that we used to be able to drive. About a 30 miles stretch. It was the old original poured concrete sections. When I lived in Bakersfield many years ago, we drove it in out T's a couple of times.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration