Two piece timer spring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Two piece timer spring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 12:30 pm:

Does anyone know where I can find the small roller spring for an original two piece timer? I've heard McMaster Carr may have them but I'm not sure about the spring size.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 12:44 pm:

Jim Finney of Oblong, IL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 03:21 pm:

Bill,
I think there is a couple in my timer collection,talk to you when i see you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 05:21 pm:

Bill, you can use a regular T timer spring. If you find the length is too long, simply cut off a few coils and bend the last one to catch the prong. I've done it a couple time and it works fine. I've also used the spring in a ball point pen, but they stretch out in no time.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration