Exhaust Hose-To-The-Outside

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Exhaust Hose-To-The-Outside
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 02:29 pm:

I once saw a gas station with several bays; yes, this image is getting harder to find, but not yet extinct.

What intrigued me were the exhaust hoses that were clamped to the cars' tail pipes, and routed to the outside. Yes, all the cars could be running inside with no fume build-up.

Anyone know where I can order one of these hoses?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 02:33 pm:

https://www.grainger.com/search?searchQuery=garage%20exhaust%20hoses&suggestConf igId=6

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 02:35 pm:

Around here, many older garages and smaller dealerships have gone out or been forced out of business and their stuff is being auctioned. No doubt you could find a setup at one of those.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 02:37 pm:

Thank you Steve, and R.V.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 02:45 pm:

Bill,

If you're considering an exhaust evacuation system, be sure to take into account proper barometric relief. Usually a simple damper assembly will do it, but replacement air must come from somewhere.

Not a big deal in summer when doors are probably open anyway, but if you button up to keep warm in winter it's an issue.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration