Tool box lock

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Tool box lock
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Oneal Lee on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 01:09 am:

I have a running board tool box that's missing the top part of the lock. It don't have any name but looks like the yale locks. I have looked on the web for a replacement with no luck. Any suggestions on getting a replacement?
Neal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 09:38 am:

Best bet might be to just find a junk box at a swap meet and take it off that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 09:42 am:

I'd trade problems with you! I'm looking for a small metal locking toolbox that would look period correct for my '27 touring. I bought a current John Deere box that looked OK at the dealer, but the more I thought about it, the more work it would have needed. There's just no place in the T to secure anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 01:25 pm:

Oneal:

I have Corbin locks that are available for sale - they are square bottom.

See this thread and scroll down to see style of what I have - the three locks shown may have already been sold but I do have more on hand (I'm down at the parents' house right now so I can't check).

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/545137.html?1432899026

Yale locks are round bottom. I don't think I have any of those in my inventory but I will check when I get home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 06:02 pm:

Oneal, let me check after the rain clears out, I might have what you need. Its yours if it will work. Sam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 12:11 am:

Oneal:

I currently have five Corbins available - square bottom.

Unfortunately, no Yales with the round bottom.

I have one key that fits two of the locks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 08:59 am:

I know what you mean, Bro. -These locking tool box latches are all but impossible to buy commercially. -I've searched antique steamer trunk restorers, toolbox manufacturers and hardware supply websites for hours at a time and have had absolutely no luck with any of 'em. -It happens that I've got a Corbin latch on my running-board toolbox, but no key for the darned thing and have been hoping to replace it with a latch that I can lock. -Sure doesn't look like that's going to happen. -On the other hand, Hershey is coming up and is a good hunting ground for this sort of thing. -Best of luck on your quest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 09:10 am:

When I restored my tool box I took the Yale lock apart and made my own key.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration