Coming next year

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Coming next year
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 01:19 am:

Looks like Richmond is the place to be in July.

http://www.pal-item.com/story/news/local/2017/08/28/hundreds-model-ts-expected-f ill-local-streets-next-summer/593697001/?cookies&from=global

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 02:28 am:

Jerry is doing a stellar job preparing for the National Tour and Homecoming next year.

Kim - his wife - also is helping out.

They are going on the Maine Tour & attended the Montana Tour as well.

Great Folks ..... :-)

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 08:41 am:

$850 per day just to rent the fairgrounds? No wonder national tours are so expensive!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 08:52 am:

I can't remember how many days this is planned, I think 5? If so, with 200 registrants, that's not even $22 per car, so that's not too bad. It's the hotel fees that kill ya!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 10:39 am:

We have reservations at Grandpa's Farm Campground. http://grandpasfarmcamp.com/

I recommend getting reservations soon if you are planning on attending. There are two other camp grounds in the area as well. Grandpa's is a short drive to the museum. It does not have freeway noise and they have pull through spaces for your RV and trailer.

YMMV, Rod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 10:47 am:

The 2nd picture is me with the yellow shirt in the 1911 Torpedo. But that was 2 years ago. Maybe it's my evil twin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 09:09 pm:

Tim and Mike, The $850 is for the Kuhlman Center which is where we will have registration and the opening dinner on Sunday and the closing banquet on Friday. We are renting it for only two days, the rest of the time the hospitality site will be at the museum. It is the only place large enough in Richmond to host all of us. Works out to less than $3 per person per day.

We are working hard to provide a fun tour with all new venues and routes. However we are going to have to limit the number of cars as the two hosting clubs are small and we don't have the man power to throw it wide open.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 07:45 pm:

Jerry, thanks for the edification. Definitely sounds like a pretty good deal.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration