Flywheel shims

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Flywheel shims
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 11:18 am:

Have you ever found a shim between the flywheel and the crank flange? I have found one of tin and one of paper in different engines. Not what one would expect to get correct magnet gap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 12:45 pm:

I have also seen one piece shims covering multiple holes and individual shims to be used on each hole. All were metal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 12:55 pm:

These shims were between the flange on the crank and the flywheel where the flywheel mount bolts are. Not for the field coils.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 02:03 pm:

Yep. You can find all kinds of "fixes". I have a collection of them that I have found over the years. I wouldn't use any of them. IMO.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 02:15 pm:

When Martynn Vowell were helping fix and teach Derrick Pang's Runabout we found a paper shim. It was lined notebook paper.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration