Mac's just sent me an email....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Mac's just sent me an email....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 11:32 am:

The part which caught my attention was the red 'Clearance' notation. Are they paring down on T items?
http://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_model_t/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 12:30 pm:

Maybe that's real and maybe not. Some outfits have a "clearance" sale every week. Some of the items look mighty tempting, but then again, it's Mac's so I'll pass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 01:46 pm:

I get an e-mail from them about twice a week telling me of a sale that is only for a few days more. then a week goes by and the same sale happens again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 05:02 pm:

Their new marketing guy must have come from Harbor Freight. :-) "Inventory Reductions", "Tool Disposal Notice", "Parking Lot Sale" and "Tool Clearance" all have the same meaning--For Sale at regular prices.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 07:11 pm:

Our local furniture store has going out of business sales every few months.
Some times it is followed by an open under new management sale.
This has been going on for 25 years.
I wonder how many kids are in the family.

I have Purchased the harbor freight parking lot many times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 08:41 pm:

Don't give in to the dark side. A pretty selective listing of odd ball sizes and parts. For example, only one size fan belt, certain years radiator script numbers, etc.
I hardly think they are getting out of the Model T part business with this offering.

When I worked inventory control back in the days of sundials and hourglasses, we would have to order some parts with a minimum order number and then a year later, have most of this part still in stock, so sale time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 11:35 pm:

They just sent me their new '48 to '79 Ford pickup catalog.
I probably won't be using it though.
Some say their T book is very well illustrated. Huh. Have you seen Chaffin's?
My customer brought me a T engine block and parts with .015 oversized lifters.
I went to order the reamer from Chaffins' and the guy on the phone told me the lifters get plenty of oil, and was I sure they needed to be reamed oversized.
I got some old lifters out and they fit pretty well so I ordered standard size lifters from Chaffins' and they fit PERFECTLY!
Saved a ton of money on that deal.
Anybody need a set of .015" oversized adjustable lifters?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 11:44 pm:

No but I have a ream! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 05:45 am:

I know a guy who buys and sells antique cars,every once and awhile he lists his inventory as an estate sale. When I questioned him about it once he told me it was an estate sale, his, he just wasn't dead yet.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration