Maybe I need new tires !

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Maybe I need new tires !
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 09:45 pm:

Tire

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 10:17 pm:

Mark, you likely need new rims ! That kind of damage usually is the result of a rim that's rusted or worn to a razor edge on the clinch, which eventually saws through the clincher bead on the tire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 10:21 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/748118.html?1492912206

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 10:39 pm:

Thanks Mark, i was just going to put those pics up. :-) The tire my rim destroyed was only a few years old, so definitely check them out when you replace the tire. Its also a good idea to make sure you run with the tires inflated properly to reduce the risk of them moving back and forth on the rim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 06:11 am:

This was a rim and tire that was on the car when I bought it. I have rebuilt two of them and changed out the tires ... this was one I hadn't gotten to yet. I just had them on there to roll the chassis around while I was working on everything else. This blow out happened a day after I pumped it up to 55 lbs. I was laying under the car adjusting the body mounting bolts and ... BANG ! I could feel the explosion and my ears were ringing for a few minutes afterwards. Had no idea what it was and initially thought it was gas related. Just bought four new tires ... just in time to wrestle with them as the cold weather starts to settle in here in Rochester. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 11:24 am:

You did well Mark. Some folks get rid of tires before they get all the use out of them.
Rich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration