OT Easy Engine Removal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT Easy Engine Removal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Friday, September 01, 2017 - 11:38 pm:

http://i.imgur.com/W6L1yMp.gifv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 01:06 am:

Well now, THAT is a handy way. Too bad he's not in his shop.
"ladies and gentlemen, we'll get back to the pulling in a few minutes."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 08:40 am:

I don't think he'll be needing a pedicure any time soon....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 08:48 am:

I noticed the head was also removed at the same time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 08:54 am:

Wonder where the head went and why the engine went up instead of down. Would be and interesting autopsy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 09:00 am:

Must have been a Model K it had 6 cylinders

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 09:03 am:

Wes, but I bet he needed a change of underwear right away!! ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 09:16 am:

Wow that has to be a first!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 11:17 am:

A little heavy on the boost?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 11:24 am:

I'm no expert, but that looks to me like just the head and induction system that came off. It's so massive that it looks like the whole engine by our car engine standards.

One way or the other, he needs to dial back the boost by a couple inches for the next run.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 01:17 pm:

-Dick-
That 'next run' would likely "be a while"... Crowds like to watch when those things happen - Just hope nobody got hurt!
-Hal-
Thanks for posting. That's one I hadn't seen. It would definitely qualify as an 'engine flare' back in 'Nam....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 01:53 pm:

Looks like the engine wanted a full pull and the truck did not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 02:38 pm:

It's that groove they make them cut into the head bolts to mitigate engine disasters

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 02:45 pm:

Dontcha hate it when that happens?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Upper Texas Gulf Coast on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 04:40 pm:

Marvel Mystery Oil failure.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration