The path of the Nez Perce - Clark's Fork Canyon in a T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: The path of the Nez Perce - Clark's Fork Canyon in a T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 12:17 am:

Recent beautiful photos on the forum have encouraged me to go through my latest snapshots...

A nice late afternoon drive...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 01:30 am:

Holy moley.
Umm, that IS a beautiful picture!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 11:32 am:

Isn't it nice to live close to some of the greatest places to drive a Model T? No traffic and a lot of well maintained roads are a pleasure.
Nice photo.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 11:48 am:

As an aside, there were Indians in this area the French referred to as the Nez Pique in reference to tattoos on their noses. The Nez Perce had pierced noses. There is a bayou, Bayou Nezpique, just west of here that feeds into the Mermentau River, another Indian related name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 05:08 pm:

Yes, Richard, it is. We left FL for here and know that we've made the right move. We miss friends, but don't miss the humidity or congestion. Life on the ranch is good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 06:33 pm:

The views in Indiana this time of year are great! If you like corn. The beans are nice to!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 06:39 pm:

Dallas

here the corn is sold by local farmer 2 miles out on the highway. It's an un-manned booth with a big wooden box with their farm's name on it and a little metal cash box nailed to the side. It's a busy place with folks stopping constantly. Corn is possibly the best I've ever had.

Amazing to live in an area where product or cash thefts are minimal to non-existant at an unmanned booth. This ain't Florida.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
I wearing a T-shirt with that quote on it right now. They sure are taller but I like the ones with trees.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 08:14 pm:

Scott that is wonderful area. We need more snap shots.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 09:45 pm:

Here are a few more pictures from the internet. We need a national to,. say in Cody, and we could drive the area in our T's:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Clarks+Fork+Canyon/@44.8474473,-109.3029319,3a,75y/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipMk9H5kSF0zNu3stOjIZLSE Ai2LIMIhUqw_MDbX!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipM k9H5kSF0zNu3stOjIZLSEAi2LIMIhUqw_MDbX%3Dw129-h86-k-no!7i5039!8i3355!4m5!3m4!1s0x 534ebf9d00049fcd:0xc1134ab186202713!8m2!3d44.8474473!4d-109.3029319

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 09:51 pm:

That didn't work. Try Googling "Clark's Fork Canyon" and turn on the satellite view. It's beautiful!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 10:25 pm:

Vern, I live by, I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in. and Especially "I went out for a walk in the forest and found my soul"

I just returned from a trip to Mt. Whitney one of John's special places at 14,506'.

I often think something like this when driving my T,

"I went out for a drive in my T and found my soul". Gene Carrothers I'm sure John Muir would have enjoyed a Model T.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration