1926 coil box lid clamps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1926 coil box lid clamps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Fisher on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 07:51 am:

Hello. I am new to the forum and have started trying to get my grandpa's Fordor going after sitting for many years. The first thing I did was break a side clamp on the lid for the coil box. I have an extra clamp but any suggestions on how to remove the pin from the lid with the broken clamp so I can put the new one on? Thanks in advance for any advice. Jason

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 08:21 am:

Welcome to the affliction James. I believe those are small Rivets and would need to be drilled out. There are some active model T clubs in your area reach out to them for assistance.
Go to this link and find the one closest to you.
http://www.mtfca.com/clubpages/chapters.htm#oh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Fisher on Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 02:59 pm:

Thank you for the information. I will look into the area clubs.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration